Finally! A Dominican company with concept of customer service!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I'm talking about CPS in Sosua, the parcel forwarding company.

They understand the idea that the majority of their customers are foreigners who still want to have the luxury of buying goods from the US and are prepared to spend the extra on shipping costs from Miami. However I'm pretty sure that their Dominican client base is increasing.

I've been a customer for nearly a year now. I was made very welcome by the staff/owners Carlos and Elizabeth who are a husband and wife team. But ever since I've been with them it has been very noticeable how they are striving forward with this company and leaving the others like EPS and Encargopaq in their wake.

Here are the benefits as I see them in comparison to their competition:

They are open six days a week.
They accept credit / debit cards (and they don't charge extra for it)
They deliver to your house the same day the package arrives at the branch.
You can pay your bill to the driver either by cash or by card as they now have a portable card machine.
Their rates are just as competitive as their competitors.
They will grant you a line of credit on your account. Deliver your goods and you pay later at your connivence either in person at the store or on their website.
They have an online tracking facility and also an app for iPhone / Android.

But for me, the icing on the cake was when I discovered that one of my packages had been opened and something was missing. I took a photo of the item showing the obvious missing piece and sent it by email to them with the original eBay listing link.

Within a few minutes I received a reply by email, sincerely apologizing for my inconvenience and if I wish, I could purchase a replacement and send the invoice to them. They would either reimburse the cost of the item and ship it for free, or add the refunded amount to my account. No quibble.

ON A SUNDAY!!!!!

Now that's what I call customer service! Well done CPS Sosua!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have been using them for the last 8 months and I have to agree 100%. They are so easy to work with

Bob K

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
I agree too. Elizabeth and Carlos at CPS are great. And of course - Emanuel, who worked for EncargoPAQ and now joined CPS recently. I am wishing good luck to them! They offer great service.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
That sounds great. Hopefully they can keep it up. If only we coukd find a reliable company like them in the PC area.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
That sounds great. Hopefully they can keep it up. If only we coukd find a reliable company like them in the PC area.

I have seen a CPS office next to one of the bank buildings in Punta Cana village. Can't be sure of the name of the bank, but I think it's Progreso.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I have seen a CPS office next to one of the bank buildings in Punta Cana village. Can't be sure of the name of the bank, but I think it's Progreso.

Yes, that's correct. The building is called Bella Nova, on Av. 1 de Noviembre.
Tel.: (809) 788-8872

Note however that the quality of service may vary as they are franchises.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Haven?t used them, was just interested in this thread, but did look at their website, and also spending time analyzing the usability of websites, have to say that I like what I saw.

The site is clearly structured, does not have flashing thingies everywhere (which is common here, whilst presenting useful information isn?t), and every page works (did not go though everything, but anyway). There are hardly grammar/other errors.

If the business works just like their website (and apparently it does), no wonder they get positive reviews...

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I use Encargopaq and have used Caripack in the past. Encargopaq has everything on your list (minus an app) too.

I haven't used CPS but also have not had any issues with Encargopaq and am very pleased with their service. Caripack is less desirable in my opinion, but they are faster than Encargopaq.

YMMV

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I use Encargopaq and have used Caripack in the past. Encargopaq has everything on your list (minus an app) too.

I haven't used CPS but also have not had any issues with Encargopaq and am very pleased with their service. Caripack is less desirable in my opinion, but they are faster than Encargopaq.

YMMV

I used to use Encargopaq. If you want to pay by card on items shipped by marine freight, they bump up the price by 18%! And for me anyway, they would just make up arbitrary bills on what they think you should pay.

And the only person who was helpful at the Sosua branch, Emanuel has jumped ship and joined CPS. I don't care for Fanny and her method of dealing with customers.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I use CPS in Las Terrenas, very good service here too!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
CPS now has a special for packages under a pound. The cost now is 150RD instead of 179.

Bob K