Sending Money via Paypal

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I have used PayPal many times, without a fee, to send monies to family/friends in the USA. I don't know what fees are on international. Having said that, I hate PayPal, they are scum!

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
Yes, It's a old method, the only problem is, Paypal does not allow to withdraw money to a bank account in all countries.
For example DR, We just recently acquired that privilege, BPD Implemented a system to withdrawn funds from paypal for 10USD fee, before that we could not do anything.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It is very difficult sending money from the DR without paying vast commissions. I have tried Paypal when sending money to a good friend retired in Thailand,but she had great difficulty and much cost in receiving it . I have also used Moneygram and never again so really I think it is the secure Western Union way ,with their large commision but a least you know how much the recipient will receive in their currency and there are no charges when picking the money up

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Last week I sent a deposit for an apartment in Dominicus [to visit AnnaC while she's there next winter, it's a fast drive now with the new highway from SD]. I used Paypal, the guy is in SD, it cost me $.25. That's cents, not dollars.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
I once had to fight with Paypal for a total of 5 hours on the phone to get them to let me send my own $40 back into my bank account. Believe me it was the principle and not the money that kept me on the phone. Recently I logged into my account after several years and they had a huge list of things they needed before my account limited status would be lifted. Given their predilection to hold onto your money I am interested in finding an alternative if anyone knows one.

Give Skrill a try, I usually use it when trying to get paid.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Last week I sent a deposit for an apartment in Dominicus [to visit AnnaC while she's there next winter, it's a fast drive now with the new highway from SD]. I used Paypal, the guy is in SD, it cost me $.25. That's cents, not dollars.

Yes within the DR there are no problems

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Ok I see..I think that the others were referring to sending money from the DR ..In the DR , for example , there are many places where you can receive the money from Money Gram but next to nowhere where you can send it abroad . There are obviously some advantages in living in NJ .