Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bus from Santiago to Sosua

Looking to save some money, I am going to take the bus from Santiago to Sosua when I fly in.

I can get a taxi from the Airport to the Bus Station, if I just say "Caribe Tours Bus" they'll know where to take me, probably?

How much should my taxi be?

And then once I am at the Bus station, how am I going to know what bus to get on? I'll be getting there about 6-7pm.

I know there is a website, with the schedule, but my current offshore satellite internet does not work so hot.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

caribe tours leave to sosua at 30 minutes past the hour, every hour. the last bus is at 8:30 and costs 160 pesos. tell the driver to take you to the main CT station. it's in a safer area and there are more buses leaving for sosua from there.
    cannot help with taxi prices, sorry.

3. Likes mirandakate liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, thanks.

Would "estation principal de caribe tours" do it?

Do I pay the bus driver the 160 pesos, or have to get a ticket somewhere?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You get the ticket at the bus terminal. Also across the street is Metro. They go to the center of Sosua. But Caribe Tours has more departures, and Metro is nicer.

Taxi should be about the equivalent of 15-20 US dollars, but I am really not sure of the price. Maybe someone knows.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a sweater or light jacket. brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Taxi is gonna be 700 Pesos from Airport to Metro, or Caribe, same street.. ( the other way round is 500 to 600 depending on who you get)
    they first try for $25 USD, then $20.. just insist that you are paying no more than 700
    Used to be 450 but it went up and never came down.. its no biggie ,but it Irks me how they try to squeeze us Gringos fresh off the plane and flush with cash...

Here is what I do.. instead of dealing with the Taxi Mafia guys standing around who act like they doing you a favor
    .. LOOK for somebody who is dropping people off, a Taxi guy ,it cant be anyone but a legit taxi.
    Then walk right up to him when he is finished with his drop off and say " My friend, remember me?"...
    He will either go along with it or ask the Taxi mafia for their OK..
    You just now saved him a LOT of time waiting his turn in the QUEUE.. so he will be delighted to take you for 700 pesos. maybe less. Ive done this a # of times.
    have fun, i love messing with them dudes. cuz they sure as heck mess with us.

8. Likes amp, drSix, Harleysrock, curlando, BermudaRum liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an accurate price.

Going to the airport is $500 but leaving is a bit more due to the taxi mob.

Here's CaribeTours site for bus schedules: http://www.caribetours.com.do/viajes

Here's Metro: http://www.metroserviciosturisticos.com/ (apparently their site isn't working)

Caribe is cheaper and maybe more dangerous, Metro is cleaner and possibly safer.

10. Likes drSix, jd426 liked this post
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    You get the ticket at the bus terminal. Also across the street is Metro. They go to the center of Sosua. But Caribe Tours has more departures, and Metro is nicer.

Taxi should be about the equivalent of 15-20 US dollars, but I am really not sure of the price. Maybe someone knows.
    He was advised to go to the main Caribe Tours station, which is the second station coming from the Santiago airport. Metro is across the street from the first Caribe Tour station.

Stay Calm, The Moderator is Here

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    He was advised to go to the main Caribe Tours station, which is the second station coming from the Santiago airport. Metro is across the street from the first Caribe Tour station.
    Let's not get the OP confused peeps. The OP wants to go to the Caribe Tours bus depot on Calle Maimón which is NOT the main terminal in Santiago.

If I am not mistaken the number of buses going to Sosua are the same for both stations. The bus leaves Santo Domingo. Stops at the Maimón station first then proceeds to the main station.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

according to the website the schedule for both stations is different. he needs to go to caribe tours las colinas.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast