Traffic Violation Beach Resort

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
With the new "Casa del Conductor" or "Drivers House", the new detention hotel for traffic violators located at the former Hotel Comodoro location on Avenida Bolivar you can expect to be carried screaming by AMET and Police agents for almost no reason at all.

It seems someone up big got a juicy deal to squeeze our pockets using this hare-brain scheme. First, the insurance companies worked out a deal with the owners of this driver's resort whereas for $500 a year you could get detention insurance, where the maximum stay is 5 days.

Now for the killing blow, policemen will not have to squeeze you for a bribe to save you the traffic fine and trip to Police headquarters, since they will also be getting juicy commissions from the hotel owners to bring in all the fools they can catch. These guys are going to be lurking in every corner looking for customers for the traffic resort. People hate Police Headquarters, so they will always opt to go to the "beach".

The insurance companies will be making like robbers. Everybody and their mother is going to be looking for insurance. The hotel will be the most profitable venture in DR and the policemen are going to be making easy money. All of this will be a contribution from us to corruption Dominican style. Get your policy now while they last.

TW

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Is it just me?

Is it just me, or do Dominicans have such an aversion to following basic "rules of the road" that they would rather have a "vuelga"(sp) than put on their seatbelts, have proper documentation for their vehicles, have insurance, have a drivers license, stop at red lights, stop at stop signs, have head/tail lights that work, not drive on the sidewalks, signal before turning, driving in a LANE, follow posted speed limits....Every person I have heard complain about getting a ticket was actually doing something against the "law", yet they feel the rules don't apply....kinda like power bills don't apply to them either, they just steal it!

If you don't give the cops a reason to pull you over, will they still do it? Are they THAT bad at making stuff up?

marc

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think both you guys have hit upon something

If there are comissions for getting people into that hotle, there there will be phony collars for non-existant traffic violations.
The problem here is that the phreaking cops have the word of truth in any court--what they say is the truth, no matter what.

I often dream of getting video tapes of some of the supposed offences and show them in court, just to see if the judge would rule against the cops.. Dream on you idiot!

And of course Marc is quite correct in that our drivers will have to learn how to drive. It is the old Law of the Macana.

Since I have a driver in Santo Domingo i will have to let him take care of these things....

Hb

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Don't understand!

I don't get it....if you break the law,traffic law, the police will take you to this Hotel where you'll be forced to buy insurance.......could someone explain this better to me?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Doug here is the set up

The Drivers House has made arrangements with insurance companies to set up policies just covering the cost of staying in this hotel-quality detention house. The policy costs $500 a year. If you get stopped by the cops you have the option to let them take you to the hotel instead of police headquarters, where you will be detained in the same jail with drug addicts and harden criminals, in addition to the unhealthy conditions.

When you get to the detention house you show your insurance card and you can stay up to a maximum of 5 days detained until your bail is arranged. Since cops will be getting their share for bringing in customers, the insurance companies will have a field day with new policies.

TW