30-MW solar power installation in Dominican Republic

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Soventix commissions 30-MW solar power installation in Dominican Republic

Soventix, a German solar energy company, has commissioned a 30-megawatt solar power facility in Monte Plata province, Dominican Republic. It is the first phase of a larger project and will supply the national grid.

The governments of Taiwan and the Netherlands invested in the project, which is expected to begin production in February.

Another 30 megawatts will be added in the second phase of the project, making it the largest photovoltaic installation in the region.

According to a statement issued by the ministry of energy and mines of Dominican Republic, about 120,000 solar panels and 30 MW inverters will be deployed at the project costing $60 million. The entire project will be spread on two hectares, the release added.

Ajith Kumar S

editor@greentechlead.com

http://www.greentechlead.com/solar/...ower-installation-in-dominican-republic-27864

http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/det...e-dominican-republic_100020936/#axzz3kk2s6bqo

CONTACTS:

Alfonso Rodriguez
Office: Santo Domingo
Phone: +1 809 540 7828
Email: info(at)soventix.do
Web: www.soventix.com

Soventix Caribbean SRL
C/El Vergel # 27. Local 202
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - 88 MWP

STRENGTHS

Island location with less access to energy resources
Good mid-size radiation
Strong and stable economic growth; tourist industry
Stable government
PPA?s with utilities and large scale consumers are possible
Long term PPA?s showing stable prices

OPPORTUNITIES

Market offers interesting business opportunities for solar PV, as only 20 MW have been realized until today
Energy price is already high and much higher energy prices are expected
Dominican Republic predicts a growth of 5-6% in energy demand over the next 10 years and shows huge problems in implementing conventional energy production solutions due to local resistance

PROJECTS

Freefield Development: 63,441 kwp

EPC in kwp: 23,481

TOTAL: 87,000

MONTE PLATA "PHASE I" 29,441.0 KWP

MONTE PLATA PILOT 200.0 KWP

VIVA WYNDHAM 210.0 KWP

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Its your lucky day, the black market will shortly have 120,000 units.

The ladrones will leave the panels. They will just take the wire!!

Hopefully they have a large budget for security. And a security company watching the watchyman. What i really want to know is if the scrap yards are gonna pay in e pesos.?

Will those things be cleaned regularly? I can imagine the odor of fabuloso for miles.

Last edited:

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
The governments of Taiwan and the Netherlands invested in the project, which is expected to begin production in February.

Can anyone explain why they would do this? They don't honestly think they would reap any financial benefit?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Can anyone explain why they would do this? They don't honestly think they would reap any financial benefit?
Gives the appearance of doing the right thing while getting huge kickbacks. Win. Win

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

There are billions to be made, in the Global Warming agenda. In the end, the German tax payer will pay (and the Taiwanese and Dutch apparently), or the Dominican electricity customers via higher bills, but most likely all. Who wins? The green crony mafia.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They do it make money.... and they will.

The Ontario wind farms on Lake Huron operate under a corporate name - NextEra.

A wholly owned subsidiary of Florida Power & Light
Google them to see what BIG is.

Same as the toll roads in RD.... I think that's a bust but may be wrong.

Not much traffic, if you ask me.......

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Oh, come now. I for one look forward to Pitchy's pitches.

Any day, he'll be announcing the Dominican consortium de energia barata (of which he is a board member, por supuesto) has invented a mechanism to research cold fusion (meaning, they bought a book and went to a seminar), which will shortly result in the proliferation of cheap, safe energy, and the means to access warp speed which will open new transportation and commerce routes!

Which is fine by me, I always thought the Orion Slave Girls on Star Trek were kinda cute....