Bank ATM Fees Thread

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Starting a thread here solely on Bank ATM Fees in DR for foreign debit-credit card use. If you could help me fill in the info for other missing banks and any that do not have ATM fees, this would be helpful. Thank you.

Asociacion Cibao had no ATM fees up to a few weeks ago-now they have a fee of 130 some pesos and limit the amount that can be withdrawn in any one transaction to under $RD10,000.

Banco Popular-$RD195. Not sure on the limit.

BHD-$RD195. Not sure on the limit

Banco Progreso-$120. Was able to withdrawal $RD12,000 at one time.

Banreservas-?-Can not use card at any of their ATMs now-It appears that only cards with a chip can use these ATM's-all other cards, the transaction is canceled.

Banesco-?-Card will not work at all at this banks ATMs-Transaction times out and is automatically canceled.

Banco Vimenca-?

Banco BDI-?

Scotiabank-?

Promerica-?

Asociacion La Nacional de Ahorros y Prestamos-?

Asociacion Popular de Ahorros y Prestamos-?

Banco Santa Cruz-?

Banco Lopez De Haro-?

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Starting a thread here solely on Bank ATM Fees in DR for foreign debit-credit card use. If you could help me fill in the info for other missing banks and any that do not have ATM fees, this would be helpful. Thank you.

Asociacion Cibao had no ATM fees up to a few weeks ago-now they have a fee of 130 some pesos and limit the amount that can be withdrawn in any one transaction to under $RD10,000.

Banco Popular-$RD195. Not sure on the limit.

BHD-$RD195. Not sure on the limit

Banco Progreso-$120. Was able to withdrawal $RD12,000 at one time.

Banreservas-?-Can not use card at any of their ATMs now-It appears that only cards with a chip can use these ATM's-all other cards, the transaction is canceled.

Banesco-?-Card will not work at all at this banks ATMs-Transaction times out and is automatically canceled.

Banco Vimenca-?

Banco BDI-?

Scotiabank-?

Promerica-?

Asociacion La Nacional de Ahorros y Prestamos-?

Asociacion Popular de Ahorros y Prestamos-?

Banco Santa Cruz-?

Banco Lopez De Haro-?

Asociacion La Nacional de Ahorros y Prestamos-Withdrew $RD6,000, No ATM Fee, $RD44.90 to $1 USD.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Limit BHD according to their webpage is 15.000 DOP / day. Asking CS on the phone today I was told 20.000 DOP / day.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Limit BHD according to their webpage is 15.000 DOP / day. Asking CS on the phone today I was told 20.000 DOP / day.

Your best bet is Asociacion La Nacional, if you do not want to pay an atm fee for the transaction. However, I do not know what the limit is per transaction. I have done two $RD6,000 withdrawals over the last few days.

For higher withdrawals, maybe even up to RD$20,000 or higher, I would try Banco Progreso, but there is a $RD120 atm fee.

I noticed your dilemma with the Payoneer card. Probably you could withdraw through the atm in pesos and then convert them to USD's at Banco Vimenca? Of course, this is going to cost some money in doing all the exchange from dollars to pesos to dollars, but maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Your best bet is Asociacion La Nacional, if you do not want to pay an atm fee for the transaction. However, I do not know what the limit is per transaction. I have done two $RD6,000 withdrawals over the last few days.

For higher withdrawals, maybe even up to RD$20,000 or higher, I would try Banco Progreso, but there is a $RD120 atm fee.

I noticed your dilemma with the Payoneer card. Probably you could withdraw through the atm in pesos and then convert them to USD's at Banco Vimenca? Of course, this is going to cost some money in doing all the exchange from dollars to pesos to dollars, but maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

I guess that would cost me more or less the same as the wire transfer fees with more hassle so in that case I just would continue with them instead of using the card...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

been told (earlier this year, maybe they raised it since then) at BHD that the limit per sweep is 15.000.- with my BHD Debit Card, but 10K per sweep with my foreign CC(a german mastercard).
no ATM fees with the debit card,
for the foreign CC fees apply, cant tell how much it is now, as i did not withdraw with the foreign card since a while there.

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Correct, I have the BHD one, no fees at ATM. Website still states 15K yet I've been told today on the phone with CS it is 20K. Autobanco limit is 75000 DOP / 25 fee. Foreign ones 195 DOP per withdrawal I think.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Correct, I have the BHD one, no fees at ATM. Website still says 20K yet I've seen 15K somewhere too. Autobanco limit is 75000 DOP / 25 fee. Foreign ones 195 DOP per withdrawal I think.

thats what i remember, too.
i don't know if it is the same for all BHD ATM's now or just the one i often used, but here (the one at San Juan Plaza Bavaro) the formerly 10K Pesos per sweep(of course you can do as many consecutive sweeps as you want up to the limit of daily use by your CC) been limited to 6K per sweep.
i usually took 20K at a time, 2 sweeps of 10K each, twice the fee paid.
with a limit to 6K per sweep i had to pay 3x the fee for still less than the wanted 20K pesos.
the main reason why i stopped that way of taking money.
i know that the ATM at banco popular at the same San Juan Plaza, the one inside Super Pola, is still on a 10K per sweep limit for the foreign CC's.
what me and the wife had once, accidentally, maybe a trick that could work for you on purpose to take more than 15/20K pesos per day with the debit card, was the following:
by that time the BHD debit card limit was still 10K pesos per 24hrs.
my wife took 10K in the morning at the ATM at BHD at the Veron Cossing.
i did not know about it and passed by the ATM at BHD San Juan Plaza a few hours later, with the same card, and took also 10K.
i did not realize that we took double of the "allowed" daily limt at the same day/within a few hours, til i read the account statement which i always print at the end of the month, and saw that on the same date 10K been debited twice.
so maybe the use of the card gets not reported centrally right away? to be know about the use right away at all ATM's?
i never tried that again, as it was a accident that day anyways.
but weird

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Maybe worth a try. I sure hope it is 20K, I would need 3 x so approx. 15 USD in fees anything more I can continue with wiring since it wouldn't make any difference anymore.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Correct, I have the BHD one, no fees at ATM. Website still states 15K yet I've been told today on the phone with CS it is 20K. Autobanco limit is 75000 DOP / 25 fee. Foreign ones 195 DOP per withdrawal I think.

you mean you drive to the autobanco and give the girl/guy your debit card to take up to 75K?
i mostly use the autobanco, same spot at BHD San Juan, as there never been a waiting line, comfy, easy, no wait for others at teh ATM.
but i never use a card at autobanco.
i just tell my account number and show my cedula, let 'em know how many pesos i want, and a minute later i ride off with the cash.
yes, the limit for such cash at autobanco is 75 or 80K's, they have a sign there which shows the limit.
right today afternoon i took 50K that way at autobanco BHD San Juan Plaza.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry Mike,
you of course talk about your foreign Debit Card.
my way to get the cash just with a cedula and mentioning the account number, is of course with a debit card of the same BHD bank.

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Nah, in that case I am talking about the BHD one. The foreign one I just ordered and received. Did not use it yet.

The BHD debit card is connected to the BHD account. Giving them the card and cedula they find it and I don't have to talk that much :) and I don't have to look up my account # .

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Nah, in that case I am talking about the BHD one. The foreign one I just ordered and received. Did not use it yet.

The BHD debit card is connected to the BHD account. Giving them the card and cedula they find it and I don't have to talk that much :) and I don't have to look up my account # .

o.k., that's it, same procedure.
just i don't show the card, i have in my calendar a paper with the account number on it,
same thingy of course, lol

Mike