Residence

drock

Nov 24, 2014
My residents has expired for 3 years and my Cedular one year. With all this new stuff going on can anyone tell me how I should go about renewing this
Thank you

drock

Nov 24, 2014
Thanks would you know how much the fines are, and do I have to take the blood and chest xrays again.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Depends on when first had residency if prior to 1995 then no x-ray,or other tests just renewal fine's

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Depends on when first had residency if prior to 1995 then no x-ray,or other tests just renewal fine's

right,
i found that also out a short while ago.
people report here that they do the blood test and x-rays on renewals,
while i never had to do it again since i have my 1st permanent residency card.
a few weeks ago i remembered that theme when with a guy from immigrations here at the airport,
he told me that the old cards(he did not tell a specific year) will be good "forever" to be renewed by just paying the fees, without any further checks.
my own residency is younger than 1995, i did my 1 year temp one somewhere 1997 if i remember correctly, a year later i had the permanent one.
my last renewal(for 10 years) been in early 2011,
no xrays nor bloodtesting, just pay the fees and receive the next 10years card.

drrock,
do your renewal as soon as possible, in case you want to keep residency(get it again, as your expoired one is not valid anything). they sure have a limit as for how long a expired residency can be renewed.
if you pass such "imaginary deadline", you would be forced to do it all over again, starting it in your homecountry, or hide in the bushes as some seem to enjoy to do.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Penalty no, a HUGE penalty.

naa, not really huuuge.
if i remebercorrectly it is just 500.- pesos per expired month, that's just 6K per year.
of course renewing on time is well cheaper per year, that's what penalties are there for,
to pressure people to get their stuff done on a given timeline.
3 years, makes 18K pesos, $400.-.
piece of cake for 3 years.
if renewed the timely way it would have been around $60.- per year only.
plus the cedula renewal.
if i get the number in my head correctly cedula was 300.- per expired month.
check the immigrations and JCE websites, they show it exactly.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I'm doing mine now. Going for the residencia definido. I'm tired of doing it every 4 years.

JD,
if you qualify or the residencia definitiva, means you have already permanent residency since over 10 years.
check first if they let renew you the permanent residency for 10 years at once.
that way you are ine for full 10 years.
the residencia definitiva obliges you to get a new Card every 5 years.
it is hassle free, no medic, but you have to pay the small fee for the card and get the card at immigrations in st dgo every 5 years.
the 10 years permanent residency is renewed/action needed only every 10 years, double time, lol, and also without medics or such, just pay the fees and get the acrd the same morning once every Decade.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
My definite is 20,000 pesos. As I mentioned in another thread, I was going to do Citizenship, but I can't convince myself it's worth it.

i am in the same boat.
without any hurry, as my 10 years residency is still valid til 2021.
the citizenship is for me, as a German, a unsure thingy, as too many get declined the permit to do so(declined by the german mothaland).
yes, the def costs 20.000.- pesos, the same price as for the 10 years permanent residency.
but you have to get your new card every 5 years, so you have only 1 extra year compared to the now 4 years permanent residency.
i paid for the 10 years renewal 20K pesos plus 1.000.- pesos VIP to get it the same day(had it after around 45 minutes then).
at this moment, as the things stand, i will stick to my permanent one to be renewed every 10 years.
but things can change the next years,
so closer to the expiration of my actual card, i will check what may be new with the other options of residencia definitiva or citizenship.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
last i remembered residency was 500 pesos a month and cedula 700 pesos a month in penalty fees.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Will let people know when we do ours what they are doing that day!

i would not be surprised if you report on monday and law is already different on tuesday. :laugh: i kinda look forward to my renewal next year. it's bound to be tons of fun.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Not true, my buddy just nenewed his temp res and no blood or x-rays. Heard this from a few others as well. Will let people know when we do ours what they are doing that day!

my biz partner is on the yearly temp residencia renewal since years, will get the permanent one this december.
he had to do the x-rays and medical only for the first card, never on his renewals.
his last temp renewal been dec 2014, no xray, no medical, just pay the fees and walk out with your new 1 year temp card in less than a couple hrs.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my guess -- hear that 'guess' -- is that when you have fallen in to default, you may face different circumstances.

Only a visit to Migracion will clear this up