River fishing

Andrew W McNee

Sep 5, 2015
I WILL BE SPENDING SOME TIME WITH MY BROTHER January 2016 IN CABARETE AND AM TRYIG TO FIND ANY INFORMATION RE RIVER FISHING . I WILL BRING THE BASICS WITH ME, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Andrew W McNee

Sep 5, 2015
I want zero to do with the Chica's! Fishing the river(s) freshwater/salt water. Prefer fan casting shore line/ fishing the cover. Would be willing to " boat it " but not interested in trolling.

Andrew W McNee

Sep 5, 2015
River Fishing

Hello, I am looking for a resource to tap into re freshwater/saltwater river fishing in the Cabarete. I will have my own gear and looking to fish the cover / Fan-cast the shore perhaps fish from a boat. No trolling / river fishing only NO OCEAN action. Local fishermen would be greatful = - - - - -

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it may be not the best time, we have a drought now so not much river water.

Andrew W McNee

Sep 5, 2015
Crepuscular - I understand it must have been hard to be 32 years of age in grade 9,but you must move on! Your private messages to me re " salt watered mens private spots" are not welcome. It is not my business the information you shared with me re your Uncle Stans All Male Massage Parlour for men with beards not only on their chins but also above their dirt shoots. I encourage you to send these kind of messages to your therapist , perhaps they can sort out the twisted sexual deviant desires and urges you are experiencing re snails and other Mollusks.

Sock Puppet? I logged in via Facebook, now go shave your fathers back again and for Gods Sake don't forget to put the clippings in your Uncle Stans Tip jar.

Tasmania by the way has multiple salt water rivers - - -

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Hello, I am looking for a resource to tap into re freshwater/saltwater river fishing in the Cabarete. I will have my own gear and looking to fish the cover / Fan-cast the shore perhaps fish from a boat. No trolling / river fishing only NO OCEAN action. Local fishermen would be greatful = - - - - -

I grew up fishing rivers in Pennsylvania and really miss it. If you find it and are looking for a fishing partner let me know. My son lives here as well and we would like to start.

Andrew W McNee

Sep 5, 2015
Nice try, rivers are fresh and this is a site dedicated to info pertaining to the DR.
Off to Tasmania!

Listen up fruity pants. Y not ignore My posts? I'm getting the authorities to sniff uour ISP because of your disgusting messages re " chickas ". You're an evil,disgusting creep that has fallen in love with a variety of sausage casing machines.

Apr 7, 2014
Crepuscular - I understand it must have been hard to be 32 years of age in grade 9,but you must move on! Your private messages to me re " salt watered mens private spots" are not welcome. It is not my business the information you shared with me re your Uncle Stans All Male Massage Parlour for men with beards not only on their chins but also above their dirt shoots. I encourage you to send these kind of messages to your therapist , perhaps they can sort out the twisted sexual deviant desires and urges you are experiencing re snails and other Mollusks.
Sock Puppet? I logged in via Facebook, now go shave your fathers back again and for Gods Sake don't forget to put the clippings in your Uncle Stans Tip jar.

Tasmania by the way has multiple salt water rivers - - -
There are no fish in the rivers here. I would say rent a boat and go out on a charter cruise in the ocean. That sounds like the best idea.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm not a big fish fan. I don't mind grouper, sole, halibut, tuna sort of, but do not like talapia, dorado etc. I've had lion fish in Belize. It wasn't bad and I'd eat it again. LFs are a voracious scourge on a reef and one can probably harvest them all with out much negative impact on the ecosystem.

Where they have set up residence, LFs are usually plentiful, easy to spear and restaurants should be willing to buy them as they will sell if customers can be convinced to try eating them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Does anyone hunt lionfish in Cabarete? I hear they're good eating and you don't need a boat.

frank12 posted many photos of fresh catch of the day in cabarete, including lionfish. but i think they are caught using spear gun?i frequently see young men snorkeling with spear guns in costambar and they do well. nonetheless the OP asked about river fishing...

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I'm not a big fish fan. I don't mind grouper, sole, halibut, tuna sort of, but do not like talapia, dorado etc. I've had lion fish in Belize. It wasn't bad and I'd eat it again. LFs are a voracious scourge on a reef and one can probably harvest them all with out much negative impact on the ecosystem.

Where they have set up residence, LFs are usually plentiful, easy to spear and restaurants should be willing to buy them as they will sell if customers can be convinced to try eating them.

I believe lion fish are an invasive (i.e. unwanted non-indigenous) species, and wiping out the species here would be considered a positive impact on the ecosystem.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The two separate "River Fishing" threads have been merged into one thread in the North Coast Forum.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Even if there are fish in the rivers here, once you see the pollution in them you wouldn't the fish that come out of them.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In Moncion, which is a very nice city there is a Reservoir of some sort. I fished there many years ago with some locals. Caught fish almost every cast. I forgot what kind of fish, but we ate some and it was very good. But you really need to go with someone that knows. As it is hard to access and most likely not legal.

Andrew W McNee

Sep 5, 2015
Gary : Today here in Bowmanville Ontario Canada the fall Salmon are starting their Fall run. I had a monster ( roughly ) 25lb Chinook snap me off after an awesome battle. I WILL find a river to fish in January 2016. My brother has a villa in Cabarete.....so get your gear ready cause I am fishing!!

Andrew W McNee

Sep 5, 2015
Rod and Reel for me......12.6 Fenwick matched reel...and away we go. Maybe bringing a light / medium set up would be the best/easiest? None the less thanks for the help and if you know of a river let me know please......catch and release for me whilst in DR.