Payoneer MC Debit Card

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi,

I will receive funds weekly paid via a Debit Card from Payoneer which will save me approx. 150 USD a month in wire transfer fees.

Question. I am a little (no very :)) reluctant to use ATM's outside of banks.

I am with BHD. Can I transfer somehow from the Debit Card to my account or do I have to withdraw the cash and then deposit it into my account?

The card is in USD. Is there a way to get the dollars? I guess cash advance at the teller would only be in DOP as at the ATM or?

Little confused now, any input? Monday morning, d'oh...

Thanks!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Get a checking account and deposit the checks into a US dollar account or have the checks cashed by a money changer and deposit them into a peso account.

All ATMs are pesos only and there is no way to transfer from the Payoneer USD account in the USA without using a wire transfer to the DR.

At least you can use an ATM to withdraw pesos as you need them. There will likely be losses due to ATM charges and Forex rates that way.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Errm. Payoneer is a Debit Card (not a USD account) where you have your funds available in hours instead of days and much cheaper than a wire transfer.

I can't have a checking account since I am not a US citizen and checks etc. takes way too long for my taste anyways. I am already mad when that damn BPD was delaying my wire transfers on purpose.

ATM I know is only pesos. My question was cash advance at the teller but I can imagine this would be pesos only too. Well, anyways. I will just take out at the ATM and deposit in my account.

Let me explain. When you work i.e. as a freelancer on a market such as elance or upwork outside of the US you can opt to be paid via wire transfer to your bank account which cost you 30 USD each time or via paypal which is no option since in DR I can't get the paypal debit card. That leaves one option which is the mentioned Payoneer MC Debit Card.

It is no situation of getting this or that instead. The question is what is the easiest form to get the funds from the card? I think it will be ATM only (yet I don't like to go to the ATM each week...) and then depositing into the account which will be approx. 20 USD less each transfer which is fine.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
You can now get PayPal deposited into Popular account and it costs 10 USD for each deposit transfer.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
sounds like you will be building a big credit on that card.
I know of no way to squeeze US$$ out RD ATM's.

The Payoneer is your nest egg............. until you get to a US based island.....
like a ferry ride to PR.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yeah, I'll leave dollars on and take in DOP just what I need. Unfortunately the possible maximum to leave on the card is 10 K USD...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
You can now get PayPal deposited into Popular account and it costs 10 USD for each deposit transfer.

I know but I am done with BPD. Latest wire transfer initiated last Tuesday 8 PM was finally deposited into my account today at 11 AM despite they have to do that in btwn 48 hours. Had to call these abusadores 3 (!) times this time. They come up with a new excuse every single time.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Is there no way to get Direct Deposit into a BHD Dollar Account?

Of course there is and I will open one after I cancelled my one I have at BPD now. But this doesn't save me from the 30 USD wire transfer fees I get deducted every time I get paid that way... :(

Oh, wait. Do you mean direct deposit from that Payoneer card? This would be exactly what I would like... but I doubt it...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Of course there is and I will open one after I cancelled my one I have at BPD now. But this doesn't save me from the 30 USD wire transfer fees I get deducted every time I get paid that way... :(

Oh, wait. Do you mean direct deposit from that Payoneer card? This would be exactly what I would like... but I doubt it...

if you can do "Transfers/Wires" from that card online, you could wire it to a DR bank's USDollar account of yours and would have your savings in US$Dollars.
i have a BHD Dollar account and do not use it since years anymore.
i formerly used it for transfers from a foreign account to this dollar account.
sometimes it went completely smooth, money been available here on the US$ account within 3 days,
but many times it was still not shown on the balance after 10 days and i had to run calls to get it "investigated".
each "investigation" brought to light that the dollars left my foreign account right away, that stuff does then go via different bank locations(i think New York was always involved if i remember correctly), and arrived at BHD Dominicana timely, but been hold by them for days for "never explained" reasons.

MIke

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
if you can do "Transfers/Wires" from that card online, you could wire it to a DR bank's USDollar account of yours and would have your savings in US$Dollars.
i have a BHD Dollar account and do not use it since years anymore.
i formerly used it for transfers from a foreign account to this dollar account.
sometimes it went completely smooth, money been available here on the US$ account within 3 days,
but many times it was still not shown on the balance after 10 days and i had to run calls to get it "investigated".
each "investigation" brought to light that the dollars left my foreign account right away, that stuff does then go via different bank locations(i think New York was always involved if i remember correctly), and arrived at BHD Dominicana timely, but been hold by them for days for "never explained" reasons.

MIke

Unfortunately I can't transfer from the card. Regarding delays. BPD played that game all the time with us and yes, it was ALWAYS them responsible for the delays. It is their policy. Ladrones.

I have my "Nomina" Peso account at BHD. Every wire transfer I did so far (20+ by now) initiated Tuesdays at 8 PM the money always was in the account next morning 9:30 AM. Never failed yet. F#ck*ng Popular did not accomplish that a single time in 4 years plus! Not because they can't, they don't want!

CS told me BHD also has USD "Nomina" accounts where the money is accredited right away like in my Peso account. Will open one next week.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Unfortunately I can't transfer from the card. Regarding delays. BPD played that game all the time with us and yes, it was ALWAYS them responsible for the delays. It is their policy. Ladrones.

I have my "Nomina" Peso account at BHD. Every wire transfer I did so far (20+ by now) initiated Tuesdays at 8 PM the money always was in the account next morning 9:30 AM. Never failed yet. F#ck*ng Popular did not accomplish that a single time in 4 years plus! Not because they can't, they don't want!

CS told me BHD also has USD "Nomina" accounts where the money is accredited right away like in my Peso account. Will open one next week.

what exactly is a "Nomina" account,
i am not familiar with the term.
my mentioned BHD Pesos account is a "checking account" which i use as the official biz account.
my mentioned USD account there is a "savings account", no cards or checks, i have to withdraw with cedula at the Teller, but do not use it anymore since a while.

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My GF told me to open at BHD and telling them I want a "Nomina" Savings account (yep, w/out libreta, only plastic). She said this is what companies use to pay salaries and it garanties incoming payments for that account are accredited right away as they come in. Well, obviously she is right. (She already had her account a couple years since she was jobbing at a McDonalds in the Capital in the past, they told her to open this kind of account to receive her salary...). We both get our incoming monies on time...

Different is also "Nomina" savings account gives you 0.25% compared to a regular savings account which yields 0.50%. But what do I care for 0.25% more or less ... :D

Oh and I got a Golden Debit Card, not a green one like my better half...

https://www.bhdleon.com.do/app/do/personal_producto_det.aspx?id=100

Well, they talk about acuerdo con la empresa etc. but I just opened like that stating my income and where it comes from and that was it...

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks for the info.
me stu, i should have "understood" by the name alone.
"Nomina",
which means "Salary", lol.
i should force my Boys to run their accounts as such.
til now, i just transfer the salaries a couple labour days prior to the 15th and 30th,
to assure that they can waste their pay at the same payday on time, lol.
smart move from the bank, pay only half of the interests,
for that guarantee the quick accounting of money which they anyways have in their posession, lol.
always something new to learn.

Mike

Feb 7, 2007

What about:
Payoneer Card with Worldremit? Sending yourself to yourself? (or to your wife in the worst case)
It is just 3 USD/EUR/GBP per transaction and you can get money deposited in DOP in BHD within minutes after initiating the transaction. But I would certainly call them and inquire, this might be a solution you could use.

Might require some workaround such as using Android VPN etc in case they do not allow to send to yourself to DR while physically being in the DR (all transfers are done via Android app).

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
What about:
Payoneer Card with Worldremit? Sending yourself to yourself? (or to your wife in the worst case)
It is just 3 USD/EUR/GBP per transaction and you can get money deposited in DOP in BHD.

What? Where? How? More Info? Lemme google right away! :D

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Same in FF. Can't select country. Keeps showing "Select Country"... Seems not to work for me or from DR...

Feb 7, 2007
Same in FF. Can't select country. Keeps showing "Select Country"... Seems not to work for me or from DR...

Must be your browser because I just checked it and country selection works fine
Edit: tested both Firefox and Chrome and works fine