Anyone know of any Santo Domingo tours on Wednesday

ldykristy027

Sep 8, 2015
I'm trying to get a look at this city before leaving and tomorrow is the last day I will be able to do it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ldykristy027

Sep 8, 2015
I'm trying to get a look at this city before leaving and tomorrow is the only day I will be able to. Any help is appreciated.

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
I'm trying to get a look at this city before leaving and tomorrow is the only day I will be able to. Any help is appreciated.

Are you talking about the Colonial Zone? If so I suggest you go to Duarte Park in the morning between 8am and 9am - in the park there will be tour guides with ID clearly visible. Ask for Nicholas - a dark skinned Dominican, round face and glasses. Everyone or anyone in the park know him. He is fluent in English, been a tour guide for 30 plus years and will take excellent care of you providing a great tour. The park is on the corner of Duarte y Padre Billini - any cab driver should be able to get you there.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
These are the main tour operators who are giving tours http://www.colonialtours.com.do/tours/tours.asp?s_zona=5

they might have space on a tour that is already booked.

Otherwise - go to the Zona and hire an English Guide -- then work out a fee with a cab driver - call Apolo for a fee - they usually charge about 400 pesos an hour - and I am sure that a guide would work for that - so for under $20 an hour you would have a private car and driver.

(you can ask also at your hotel - for a taxi driver since the ones who park near the hotels often speak English)

apolo taxi - 537 0000

make sure to ask for a "carro comfortable"

you might add - "no me mande un burro"

(Sadly - there is always a lot of traffic - but do see the Zona-and some of Gazcue -and perhaps Mirador Sur )

well I am not a guide.

ldykristy027

Sep 8, 2015
Are you talking about the Colonial Zone? If so I suggest you go to Duarte Park in the morning between 8am and 9am - in the park there will be tour guides with ID clearly visible. Ask for Nicholas - a dark skinned Dominican, round face and glasses. Everyone or anyone in the park know him. He is fluent in English, been a tour guide for 30 plus years and will take excellent care of you providing a great tour. The park is on the corner of Duarte y Padre Billini - any cab driver should be able to get you there.
Thanks so much. I appreciate the information. Definitely checking it out in the morning.

ldykristy027

Sep 8, 2015
These are the main tour operators who are giving tours http://www.colonialtours.com.do/tours/tours.asp?s_zona=5

they might have space on a tour that is already booked.

Otherwise - go to the Zona and hire an English Guide -- then work out a fee with a cab driver - call Apolo for a fee - they usually charge about 400 pesos an hour - and I am sure that a guide would work for that - so for under $20 an hour you would have a private car and driver.

(you can ask also at your hotel - for a taxi driver since the ones who park near the hotels often speak English)

apolo taxi - 537 0000

make sure to ask for a "carro comfortable"

you might add - "no me mande un burro"

(Sadly - there is always a lot of traffic - but do see the Zona-and some of Gazcue -and perhaps Mirador Sur )

well I am not a guide.
Thanks so much. I'm going in the morning to see what's available. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I'm trying to get a look at this city before leaving and tomorrow is the last day I will be able to do it

Take a taxi to the Colonial Zone, El Conde ST. Have him drop you off at El Conde de Penalba Hotel. You will be right in the heart of the zone and if you want there are tour guides you can hire.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Grayline offers tours. They have a desk on the first floor of Blue Mall (Av. Winston Churchill).

Also check out the Chu Chu Colonial. Not 100% sure they are running, with all the construction work in the Colonial City.

http://chuchucolonial.com