Internet Speeds, Sosua

Dmason

Mar 11, 2012
Wondering if Sosua residents, particularly those working online, would chime in with their daytime speeds, and
additional comments. My prime time hours would be mid afternoon into the evening, competing with Netflix, and with increased winter traffic.

I need mainly stable internet, with minimum 1mb download, or whichever is slower. I have heard that being closest to downtown is best, and have heard that DeLancer is stringing fiber in certain areas. I don't mind paying for the greater bandwidth, but that is always an "up to" speed.

Your input is deeply appreciated. ~ Dan

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting that a Cable company is stringing fiber. Some time ago Claro ran fiber near my development in Cabarete (between Cabarete center and Sosua) as in years now, but still no fiber support from Claro where I am.

Hopefully Sosua residents can help you find a good spot. Cable modems work on a "star" configuration where when more people are on, they can slow a system if the distribution speeds are not managed correctly. I doubt that would ever be a problem with fiber given its much higher bandwidth.