Internet Service

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
Could someone give me a good idea of where I can get service with decent download speeds for watching movies online (Netflix) and regular web surfing? I'm back in Santo Domingo this month and I've been trying to choose between Claro, Orange and Wind but, any suggestions would be kindly appreciated.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
I use Wind, 3mbps Download, and I can use Netflix flawlessly and also surf. The only problem I have with Wind is that I don't have much reception were I live.

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
I use Wind, 3mbps Download, and I can use Netflix flawlessly and also surf. The only problem I have with Wind is that I don't have much reception were I live.

The last time i tried getting service they wouldnt allow me to contract their service with my passport. Does anyone allow this? Also, All i should need is a router, right?

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
Claro will give you a contract with a passport. You need to jump through some hoops, show bank statements, etc. Little bit cheaper than prepago.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Claro will give you a contract with a passport. You need to jump through some hoops, show bank statements, etc. Little bit cheaper than prepago.

minutes are significantly cheaper than PrePago.
and the residencial Minimum/basic Package for example already Includes every month 500 Minutes for intl calls to 200 countries of the planet. no prepago provides such.
and on a cellphone-Plan includes your minutes to be used also for calls to PR, USA and Canada, same us and same price for extra minutes to those countries, than for local calls to your neighbour here.

Mike