Re-homing Stray Dog

smigsmag

Sep 11, 2015
I live in La Romana and I took in a street dog because I heard that they periodically kill them round where I am, and I couldn't bear to think of this one dying - she was so sweet. I washed her, took her to the vet and had her de-flead and de-wormed, and vaccinated. I am going to get her spayed next week.

However, I am not looking for a pet. I am only here temporarily, and was kind of hoping that I could find a dog rescue to take her. But as far as I can tell there are no dog rescues round me, and even the few dog rescues that are on the other side of the country have no space.

Is anyone looking for a very sweet, gentle, house-trained dog? She is honey coloured so I have called her Honey, and she is about knee-height. Or could anyone point me in the direction of somewhere safe that she could go?

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Contact Sylvia Mendez at Rescatame in Punta Cana through their Facebook page. She may be able to help.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Would it really be re-homing? It's currently homeless right? You're just looking to home a dog, no re-home. FYI

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
some people send money to the Dominican girls while they are away from country, and some send it for the dogs....
I am only here temporarily, and was kind of hoping that I could find a dog rescue to take her. But as far as I can tell there are no dog rescues round me, and even the few dog rescues that are on the other side of the country have no space.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I was thinking the other day. (boy, did that hurt)

I've got at least 4-5 different animal rescue groups on my FB page, and now here's two more I didn't know about.

All of them dedicated to collecting stray animals, feeding them, getting them medical treatment, spaying/neutering and finding new homes for them.

I can't begin to imagine how many births have been avoided, and how many have been taken off the streets.

There is some really great work happening here. I think that's great.

I agree. After our dog was poisoned, we weren't sure it was a good idea to replace him [hate to see another dog killed], and a couple of FB friends sent us links to some of the rescue groups. I had no idea they even existed. Had some very good contact with Doggie House in SD, all in English too. I was impressed with them, and that the dogs have all shots and are spayed/neutered. [They accept donations via Paypal]. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.449294835652.248201.101916075652&type=3 http://www.doggiehouse.org/

Someone offered us a big old mean male rottie, but we were afraid he'd go after kids, so we ended up with a large mix/viralata. Not pretty, still in puppy stage, but fit right in.

IMG_1216.JPG