Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fair price to install propane system

hola
    What would be an average fair price to get a propane (gas) system installed in a car?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

to me, "average" means death sentence. propane system cars blow up on regular basis here. if you must, go for a good one. my FIL installed one in his tundra and it was close to 100k pesos.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

To do the job correctly or to do it Dominican style?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

as DV said, dont look for the cheapest,
    go to a real Taller which sells and mounts such systems on daily bases.
    been quoted(but not myself, my buddy did, as he has a Taller himself and gets the Biz price/no Tax to pay, so he buys it to "resell" the system to a customer, me, but mounted by the original seller of course)
    RD$ 55.760.- Pesos, incl all the work, mounted in the car to ride off.
    the original price, as a normal customer without a reselling biz, would have been RD$68.000.- Pesos.
    that's for a V8 in a 2005 Mustang.
    i can imagine that prices vary a lot, depending what car/engine you wanna fit it in.
    can't tell experience about it's use, as i am still on the "search" for the finally to take car, just getting prices for the stuff i wanna fix on it.
    by x-mas i can tell more details, it will be my christmas present.
    to get it under the tree, i may just mount a lil x-mas tree on the roof then, lol.
    i was also checking with a number of friends, who ride on Gas i different models/brands V8's here, to find pro/con stuff about propane or natural gas.
    the answers til now been 100% for Propane and zero for natural Gas.
    the exact reasoning against the natural Gas is something i can still not tell,
    still waiting for someone who tells me whats wrong/bad/good on comparison of both.

Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the biggest issue with natural gas is that it's not easily and widely available?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the availability is not the reason here.
    in my surroundings(Punta Cana til Boca Chica) are plenty of stations for natural refills.
    sure there are way more propane stations, no doubt, but sufficient of either one on my daily route of movements.
    where are our Car Pro's on the bord who can really tell me which one works better for what ever reason?

Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    the availability is not the reason here.
    in my surroundings(Punta Cana til Boca Chica) are plenty of stations for natural refills.
    can it be that it's not as common in other parts of DR? i don't recall seeing natural gas station in POP area...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    can it be that it's not as common in other parts of DR? i don't recall seeing natural gas station in POP area...
    thats of course possible,
    i am for very most time of the year within the areas between PC Miches Higuey La Romana Boca Chica,
    can't tell about the rest of the Isle.

Mike

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The tank for natural gas is heavier due to the increased pressure required to keep natural gas in a liquid form, that would
    be one item to consider. Natural gas has LESS btu than propane, it takes more natural gas to do the same job versus
    propane.

10. Likes MikeFisher liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    to me, "average" means death sentence. propane system cars blow up on regular basis here. if you must, go for a good one. my FIL installed one in his tundra and it was close to 100k pesos.
    i HAVE LIVED HERE 20 YEARS NEVER HEARD OF A BLOW UP IN A CAR WITH PROPANE., GAS STATIONS, MANY!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PROPANE. AND "LIQUIFIED NATURAL GAS,("LNG") are two different things.
    MANY,MANY,MANY CARS, TAXIS, AND PUBLICOS USE PROPANE,A FEW THOUSANDS USE "LNG".
    "LNG" IS SCARSE, AND OUT OF FAVOR NOW.
    Last edited by Criss Colon; 09-12-2015 at 04:21 PM.

12. Likes jruane44, HUG liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast