Finding Bohemia Beer

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Granted I have only looked in a few places ... But I have not been able to find Bohemia beer. Restaurants that I have gone to, except one only sell ... Typically Presidente. Nacional has all kinds of cerveza, from all over
Europe, from Mexico, but from DR only Presidente. Super Pola recently .. Only Presidente. I have not searched
in colmados in Veron yet. I happen to prefer Bohemia but Presidente has a tight grip it seems.
Thanks for any suggestions.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Here in Santiago there are no more Bohemia Light Grande only Jumbo and Pequena are available.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Next time you are in Santiago, try either one of the Trembol supermarket locations on Luperon.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Here in Santiago there are no more Bohemia Light Grande only Jumbo and Pequena are available.

I drink Bohemia Especial (not light) The restaurant Aroma del Sol (calle de Sol corner with Ave Francia across form monument) NOT to be confused with Puerto del sol (only Quisqueya (doesn't qualify as beer to me)) has Bohemia (good pricing also) and since they have regular in grandes I would think they have light. turn down towards right before Martin's Cachapa stand, same side and they have them as well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Granted I have only looked in a few places ... But I have not been able to find Bohemia beer. Restaurants that I have gone to, except one only sell ... Typically Presidente. Nacional has all kinds of cerveza, from all over
Europe, from Mexico, but from DR only Presidente. Super Pola recently .. Only Presidente. I have not searched
in colmados in Veron yet. I happen to prefer Bohemia but Presidente has a tight grip it seems.
Thanks for any suggestions.

May your search be a short one. I know of no reason there should be an issue with finding normal bottles of Bohemia. Since the same company produces Presidente, there is no issue of grip on the market since the producer wins either way.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
You can't find Bohemia in a lot of places now, they just no longer sell it. Some places still have them, both small and large, so I am not sure if this is a purchasing decision made by the buyers or forced on them by the producer. (They sell it a bit cheaper than the Pres. so maybe the mark up is not worth it !? I know that is true in some bars.)

In any case it is very sad really, a cold Bohemia taste far superior to a cold Presidente - although I must admit a not so cold Bohemia doesn't taste that good, while a not so cold Presidente is still drinkable (due to taste most like water, not much change with temperature !). Perhaps that is one reason Pres. is more popular with locals.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I see Bohemia in all bottle sizes all across the North Coast. But maybe someone can tell me why it's getting harder to find regular Presidente - many times the stores just carry Presidente Light nowadays.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I see Bohemia in all bottle sizes all across the North Coast. But maybe someone can tell me why it's getting harder to find regular Presidente - many times the stores just carry Presidente Light nowadays.

See post #9.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Iberia in Bavaro usually has it. If not try the wholesale place behind Glayds restaurant in Eldorado. If its not in stock he will bring it in by the case.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
May your search be a short one. I know of no reason there should be an issue with finding normal bottles of Bohemia. Since the same company produces Presidente, there is no issue of grip on the market since the producer wins either way.

Well So far that has not happened. The mercados and supermercados And so many restaurants just are not offering Bohemia. But I am the eternal optimistic and continue asking. I do not get to Santiago so that unfortunately cannot happen.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With insightful posts like this, it's a small wonder you are not at 50,000 yet.

There is nothing logical about Cerveceria Nacional limiting the availability of any of their products, be they various types of Presidente or Bohemia or Brahma(yuck). Their web page shows a wide variety of beverages and it still includes Bohemia. (Presentaciones: botellas de 12, 22 y 32 onzas, y latas de 12 onzas.)

http://www.cnd.com.do/index.php/inicio

http://www.cnd.com.do/index.php?mac...1detailpage=nuestrasmarcas&cntnt01returnid=17

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
You can't find Bohemia in a lot of places now, they just no longer sell it. Some places still have them, both small and large, so I am not sure if this is a purchasing decision made by the buyers or forced on them by the producer. (They sell it a bit cheaper than the Pres. so maybe the mark up is not worth it !? I know that is true in some bars.)

In any case it is very sad really, a cold Bohemia taste far superior to a cold Presidente - although I must admit a not so cold Bohemia doesn't taste that good, while a not so cold Presidente is still drinkable (due to taste most like water, not much change with temperature !). Perhaps that is one reason Pres. is more popular with locals.

sorry...if you drink presidente everyday it does get boring....then when you switch to another you praise it.. thats it...other beers are a good switch for 2 or 3 days/nights...and then back to the favorite...

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
sorry...if you drink presidente everyday it does get boring....then when you switch to another you praise it.. thats it...other beers are a good switch for 2 or 3 days/nights...and then back to the favorite...

That may be the case for some, but I started drinking Bohemia about 7 or 8 years ago and only reluctantly drink Presidente when it is not available.

Can't remember now but before that they weren't selling them in small bottles in bars here, so I had never tried it. It says it was introduced here in 1983, but not sure why people would call it new beer when they started appearing in small bottles in bars... ! (all a bit hazy memory now, too many Bohemias... lol)

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
That may be the case for some, but I started drinking Bohemia about 7 or 8 years ago and only reluctantly drink Presidente when it is not available.

Can't remember now but before that they weren't selling them in small bottles in bars here, so I had never tried it. It says it was introduced here in 1983, but not sure why people would call it new beer when they started appearing in small bottles in bars... ! (all a bit hazy memory now, too many Bohemias... lol)
So Uzin...where do you buy your Bohemia

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
The Playero supermarket in Sosua still has it, and a few bars still offering it, we have to wait and see how long that last.

I think last I was in Super Pola and La Sirena (in PP) they didn't have it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Well So far that has not happened. The mercados and supermercados And so many restaurants just are not offering Bohemia. But I am the eternal optimistic and continue asking. I do not get to Santiago so that unfortunately cannot happen.

i just bought a Bohemia Grande/Normal at Janet's in Cabarete today. They have it all the time. I'm pretty sure Albertico's and the liquor store across the street have it also. Janet's - definitely.