Offline voice command app for Samgung Note 2

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Hi

I have a Samsung Note 2 and I would like a recommendation for an offline voice command app for my phone so I can do some hands-free calling in my car ... it must be an offline app as I do not have, nor want, a data plan.

I have seen many on the internet but I am looking for recommendation from someone who personal experience ... for example ... "this offline voice command app is excellent and works perfect".

Thanks!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is an app called s voice. you can download it from samsung apps. i have not used it personally because i am too dumb to fully utilize my phone but miesposo did and says it's fine.

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
I want an offline app

there is an app called s voice. you can download it from samsung apps. i have not used it personally because i am too dumb to fully utilize my phone but miesposo did and says it's fine.

Thanks. I have s voice. It requires internet connection. I want an app that will work offline ... no internet connectivity.

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Hi,
You may struggle with finding an offline app. I used to work in the field of voice recognition (a few years back mind) and the processing power required is quite high when it is learning your voice nuances.
You may be better searching for one that can be taken offline but is not truely independent of the Internet. You can then use a home wireless connection while you train it to your voice.
Roy

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
Try Ok Google

Make sure you have the latest version of the Google app. (To get the latest version, go to the Google app page on the Play Store and touch Update).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
Open the Google app .
In the top left corner of the page, touch the Menu icon menu icon > Settings > Voice > "Ok Google" detection.
Check the box next to "From Google app."
For certain devices, you can also change some settings to turn on "Ok Google" detection outside the Google app:

Check the box next to "From any screen" or "Always on."
Follow the instructions to teach Google what your voice sounds like.
Note: The "From any screen" setting may prevent other voice services that use hotwords or wake up commands from working. For example, if you have a Samsung S6 and turn on S-Voice to use the wake up command "Hi Galaxy," it may not work if "From any screen" is turned on.

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Works online only - not offline

Try Ok Google

Make sure you have the latest version of the Google app. (To get the latest version, go to the Google app page on the Play Store and touch Update).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
Open the Google app .
In the top left corner of the page, touch the Menu icon menu icon > Settings > Voice > "Ok Google" detection.
Check the box next to "From Google app."
For certain devices, you can also change some settings to turn on "Ok Google" detection outside the Google app:

Check the box next to "From any screen" or "Always on."
Follow the instructions to teach Google what your voice sounds like.
Note: The "From any screen" setting may prevent other voice services that use hotwords or wake up commands from working. For example, if you have a Samsung S6 and turn on S-Voice to use the wake up command "Hi Galaxy," it may not work if "From any screen" is turned on.

Hi

I tried the above but it only works when I am online - not offline.