?Safe Merchant Account/Credit Card Processing Company?

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Anybody know where to set up a US merchant account and find a reputable credit card processing company (in US dollars) that doesn't have ridiculous set up and transcation fees?

I tried doing it in the US but nobody will approve for a DR based business except one who wants $1200 set up fees, $30 gateway monthly fees and 3.9% per transaction. Uh,yeah right. IT can be internet based or manual slide machine. We don't care. Just want to offer customers more choices.

Thanks for any help. This group is awesome! I can't believe how much I have learned here (good and bad!).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I agree...

Pay Pal have come a long way in the last 12 months, shopping carts, subscriptions etc etc. The have low fees and easy to use and set up.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Why do you say PayPal is expensive?

It can be as low as 0.7% + 30? per transaction.

They have good processing rates and I have never had a problem with them.

Maybe you would care to give us more details?

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Paypal will NOT deposit funds into a DR bank account. The DR is one of only a handful of countries throughout the world that Paypal will not transfer money into. The only way to do business in the DR and use their service is to have Paypal deposit funds into a US bank account. How you get those funds back to the DR is another matter.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
paypal

Thank you everybody. I have heard mostly bad things about paypal, mainly that it works sometimes, and sometimes not. Also, some people are remiss to give paypal personal information like bank account and credit information so won't use it.

What about Citibank in Santiago or one of the bigger Dominican banks like Banco Popular, etc?