Every parent's nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
This made me shudder!

In today's DR1 news:

A seven-month old baby boy suffocated to death after his father forgot he had left him in the back seat of the car. The tragedy occurred in Villa Consuelo in Santo Domingo.

The Police said that the baby, Luis Carlos Tavarez Baez, died after his father Jorge Luis Tavarez Sanchez forgot to drop him off at daycare after taking his other two young children to school and their mother to her workplace before heading off to work. The father only remembered when the mother called. When Tavarez rushed to the car it was too late to save the baby, who died after being taken to a hospital.

http://hoy.com.do/bebe-de-siete-mes...-olvidado-por-su-padre-dentro-de-un-vehiculo/

http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2015/09/15/bebe-7-meses-asfixiado-vehiculo-villa-consuelo

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
This is an identical story I remember from 2 years ago. Infact it could well have just had the dates changed, even the names ring the same bell.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Should that be necessary?

Absolutely it's necessary - all you have to do is read the news to see how prevalent it is. Today's parents are distracted, multi-tasking, on cell phones, getting texts, etc. They don't do this on purpose, it's a terrible tragedy for everyone involved. It's often a parent who normally doesn't drive the child to daycare or wherever.

Experts recommend that anyone who has a small child/infant in the backseat leave their purse or briefcase in the back with the child, as an extra security measure/reminder.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
More than a shame...... it's call murder!

In the states, might get manslaughter possible child neglect. In any case, I would not want to be the one that ran to the car. Jesus........................................:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Its a shame, but as there is no intent I wouldn't use the term murder. I am sure that the whole family is suffering.

Have to put it out there. If there was any intent, this would be the perfect murder. How would you prove otherwise?

RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's an accident, it happens. parents are overworked, tired, busy. bad things can happen. a while ago there was first such case in poland too. the father required hospitalization in the psychiatric hospital. the knowledge that he was, ultimately, responsible for the death of his child completely broke him.

i think it's more of a concern how often children in DR die as a result of intentional negligence, like 5 kids who died in house fires in only 3 days. each time the parent deliberately left the candle on and went out to a colmado...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
nigrarosa said:
I am sorry but my first thought was how could any parent forget their child ?

That is what everyone thinks, but the fact is it does happen. The torment must be unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.