Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ten million

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ten million

dominicano number 10 million was born on tuesday at 1:28 pm and is exactly what one would have expected. a son of a single mother of 16 and a grandson of an ancient 36 year old grandma.
    http://www.listindiario.com/la-repub...casos-recursos

2. Likes Eleutheria, rfp, frank12, cavok, TP666 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In what may or may not have been a deliberate editorial decision, Diario Libre printed the news on the same page as a report on Deputy Vinicio Castillo describing a sex education textbook as an aberration.
    12006091_10156059368230564_1535164123891874872_n.jpg

Her's the report in yesterday's DR1 News:
    10 million people in the DR
    According to the National Statistics Office (ONE), the 10 millionth Dominican was a baby boy born to Dulce Lebron, a 16-year old single mother at the La Altagracia Public Maternity Hospital at 1:28pm yesterday, Tuesday, 15 September 2015. The baby, who was born by C-section and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz at birth, is reported to be in perfect health. He was named Eduard Enmanuel. The 10 millionth Dominican reflects the serious social problem of the alarming number of teenagers giving birth in the Dominican Republic.
    http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2015/09/1...millones-varon
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Monkey see monkey do

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If the father is a Motoconchista, im gonna spit out my coffee...what would be the odds..

but Sincere Congrats to the mommy, welcome to the world little one. who knows maybe he will find the cure for Cancer..

6. Dislikes TP666 disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the father is 22 and works in a pawnshop.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    the father is 22 and works in a pawnshop.
    I suppose thats a Step up... but sincerely , I wish the little one all the best.
    The Stereotype single Teen mom thing though.. just SMH...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

From my experience having a baby here is a totally different thing for a teenage girl, it is not the same at all as in say in the West. It is a right of passage from being a little girl to becoming a women, it's being blessed, having an identity, being counted and respected, and so on and so on. I have seen many teenagers jump with joy once they find out they are pregnant, they show it off and tell everybody, they are even more ecstatic when their baby is born.

Who will take care of it and provide for it is not even in their secondary thoughts - it is hard for westerners to comprehend this, it is the way they are brought up, it's not like, say in UK, when a teenager is pregnant and the whole world look down on her with contempt, shame and sorrow, totally the opposite.... !

I am not saying what is right or wrong but that is the way things are in the lower class, barrio society here - probably not so a norm in high-so, upper class here either.

Congrads to the number 10 millionth Dominican (big country now, hey...)

10. Likes Squat, jinty05, Lobo Tropical liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, yeah, yeah, such joy. now give them money, they are not asking for much, just that someone else forks the bill for that blessing.

12. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

strange. i've been always thinking that there are around 13-14 milions people living in the dominican part of Hispaniola......

14. Likes Kipling333 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Big deal!

Must we forget people actually got hitched (like in sex, kids, etc) pretty young back in the days.

It was very common for a past 16th yo girl to "marry" an older well settled folk. After all the quinceanera thingy is all about showing off the ready for noviazgo pretty little lady of the house.

What has changed, is that nowadays these young ones are opening up their legs to guys with no present or much solid future.

Be jolly and reproduce!
    It's a continuation of your own life! LOL!!
    One Dominican at a time please!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast