ten million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In what may or may not have been a deliberate editorial decision, Diario Libre printed the news on the same page as a report on Deputy Vinicio Castillo describing a sex education textbook as an aberration.
12006091_10156059368230564_1535164123891874872_n.jpg

Her's the report in yesterday's DR1 News:
10 million people in the DR
According to the National Statistics Office (ONE), the 10 millionth Dominican was a baby boy born to Dulce Lebron, a 16-year old single mother at the La Altagracia Public Maternity Hospital at 1:28pm yesterday, Tuesday, 15 September 2015. The baby, who was born by C-section and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz at birth, is reported to be in perfect health. He was named Eduard Enmanuel. The 10 millionth Dominican reflects the serious social problem of the alarming number of teenagers giving birth in the Dominican Republic.
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2015/09/15/nacio-dominicano-numero-10-millones-varon

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If the father is a Motoconchista, im gonna spit out my coffee...what would be the odds..

but Sincere Congrats to the mommy, welcome to the world little one. who knows maybe he will find the cure for Cancer..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
the father is 22 and works in a pawnshop.

I suppose thats a Step up... but sincerely , I wish the little one all the best.
The Stereotype single Teen mom thing though.. just SMH...

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
From my experience having a baby here is a totally different thing for a teenage girl, it is not the same at all as in say in the West. It is a right of passage from being a little girl to becoming a women, it's being blessed, having an identity, being counted and respected, and so on and so on. I have seen many teenagers jump with joy once they find out they are pregnant, they show it off and tell everybody, they are even more ecstatic when their baby is born.

Who will take care of it and provide for it is not even in their secondary thoughts - it is hard for westerners to comprehend this, it is the way they are brought up, it's not like, say in UK, when a teenager is pregnant and the whole world look down on her with contempt, shame and sorrow, totally the opposite.... !

I am not saying what is right or wrong but that is the way things are in the lower class, barrio society here - probably not so a norm in high-so, upper class here either.

Congrads to the number 10 millionth Dominican (big country now, hey...)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah, yeah, yeah, such joy. now give them money, they are not asking for much, just that someone else forks the bill for that blessing.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Big deal!

Must we forget people actually got hitched (like in sex, kids, etc) pretty young back in the days.

It was very common for a past 16th yo girl to "marry" an older well settled folk. After all the quinceanera thingy is all about showing off the ready for noviazgo pretty little lady of the house.

What has changed, is that nowadays these young ones are opening up their legs to guys with no present or much solid future.

Be jolly and reproduce!
It's a continuation of your own life! LOL!!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
From my experience having a baby here is a totally different thing for a teenage girl, it is not the same at all as in say in the West. It is a right of passage from being a little girl to becoming a women, it's being blessed, having an identity, being counted and respected, and so on and so on. I have seen many teenagers jump with joy once they find out they are pregnant, they show it off and tell everybody, they are even more ecstatic when their baby is born.

Who will take care of it and provide for it is not even in their secondary thoughts - it is hard for westerners to comprehend this, it is the way they are brought up, it's not like, say in UK, when a teenager is pregnant and the whole world look down on her with contempt, shame and sorrow, totally the opposite.... !

I am not saying what is right or wrong but that is the way things are in the lower class, barrio society here - probably not so a norm in high-so, upper class here either.

Congrads to the number 10 millionth Dominican (big country now, hey...)

ha ha ha today with the shortage of births your wifes sister gets prego you usually offer financial help...bingo why the family needs the baby...there is no more of that crap...esp. in well to do familys... pay rent monthly checks all exp...forget being enbarassed... t s i over

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
no way to spin it, right?

Huh??!!!

Why spin it? Is there something not seen elsewhere in this world or lifetime?

For all we know the #10 million was days ago or a month from now, given the +/- margins of error!

Maybe the number holder was born to a 2 %er or else upper middle class!

LOL!!

May 29, 2006
Aren't there like two million Dominicans living in the US and other countries?

Dominicans are having fewer kids, just like the rest of the world. Once they start having them later so the women can get more education it will be a huge boom to the economy and welfare of the country. I believe the rate for Dominican teens is about the same as for Hispanic teens in the US, about one in ten teens gets pregnant every year.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
at least 1 out of every 6 Dominicans lives in the US and about 85%of them receive some form of welfare.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
dominicano number 10 million was born on tuesday at 1:28 pm and is exactly what one would have expected. a son of a single mother of 16 and a grandson of an ancient 36 year old grandma.
http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...es-es-hijo-de-una-familia-de-escasos-recursos
:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

we had this problem in my home country in the 70's. Educate your women, which is what we did...educate these women and you will see change. Teach them not to open their legs for any Tom Dick or Heriberto. use protection even if lover boy does want to.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Does the concept of statutory rape exist...im sure it does.
I wonder what % of mums have been statutorily raped

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
The irony of all of this is that the west has negative population growth as a whole. Meanwhile latino and other populations continue to grow. Eventually the supposed wisdom of the gringo will be overcome by these groups and they will find themselves to be minorities in their own countries.

They will become like the Dominican Middle and Upper Classes. As the mess around them procreates they will become stronger each generation due to smaller families and selective breeding. As population densities increase their properties will be worth more, they will come more insular and will reach a level of success seen by the upper 10 % of Latin America. The American dream will live on.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
i see a lot of white looking babies to DR women. Hmmmm, looks like Dad f!@#ked off and left them.

Lots of White Dominicans, or at least light skinned Dominicans and babies are usually lighter anyways. Anyways it is doubtful that this was an accurate call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.