Why i live in the DR for portions of the year /obtained residency

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi
I originally first visited in 2002 to an area that taught kitesurfing, i was going to learn this sport. Well that soon died in the rear, however i did purchase a few different bus tours which were immensely enjoyable. About the same time i noticed the relatively low price of real estate...compared to what i was used too!!! Spoke to my financial trainer, and she did train me to manage investments, my mother!!!! She said buy, i wanted to buy, so i did, near the beach and in a small estate.

I then build a beautiful home for $350 a metre, my pool 10k !!! It has risen in value maybe 6-7% a year which is fair...i didnt build my house to make money, i built it to live in and chillax. My lifestyle soon comprised of arising at 10am, being awoken by the late morning sun and accompanying heat, not to mention being greeted by palms so high it scares me to think the locals climb them just to get a coconut. Climb they do. They sway gently as they have done , i assume for 20 odd years. Nothing changes here. I am at piece in my ordinary home.. at piece, finally.

The blazing sun for me is something to be feared, as i am bone as$$$sed white. However a dip in the ocean some 30 metres away or a back flip into my pool really helps me to cope. What a life i lead.

I didnt immediately notice the women, but i soon after did...i was amazed at their beauty. i was however unawares of the degree of poverty experienced by them and what they must do to survive. i have been welcomed into their homes, and then asked for money to help them. I'm not angry or annoyed in fact i put it down to the one thing that i couldnt buy....life experience. i come from a life of plenty and my current DR life is vastly different from my former existence, enjoyably so. I have seen these women eat 1 meal a day and share what they have with their hungry girl friends, their beautiful figures are no doubt secondary to their spartan diets. i come from and society where we eat to much and pay the consequences. I learned that maybe i shoudnt eat so much and 'wallah' my weight dropped. I learned this from the poor.

The lifestly is raw, unencumbered by the stressors of life ( for me at least!!!) 'Tomorrow' Tomorrow' I quickly learned that such a mantra will improve my health and mental well being. I worry little about the cares of today preferring to delay them to any coming week, just not today ...!!! My cares have lessened, i live quietly and date women more beautiful than i have done in the past. Do they want me for my money , or opportunity...yes, NO...who f!@king knows. Watching a beautiful vision of womanhood step gracefully into the shallow end of my pool naked, ever careful not to wet her latest hair style is a memory i will carry until i die. Dancing with party girls that shimmy shimmy against me leaves me delirious. i buy them a few presedentes and maybe we then call it a night, or maybe not....i could be sitting on my sofa back in my home country.

i have driven throught the mountain outside moca, and have been amazed at the raw beauty of this untouched land...green as far as the eye can see.

The rain falling ,cascading down from the sky, temporarily masking my outlook from my second floor. A different kind of beauty emerges as i gaze through las 'lluvia'...i am experiencing nature. Something i had long forgotten as i wandered through my hectic working life. i hear the ocean and even smell it...my god, my life has changed and the cubre libre in my hand confirms it...as does my sunburnt bone ass$$$$ed body

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
You missed the basic tenet. There is no thought of tomorrow.

I first came 30 years ago. Knew it then. Came back 4 years ago and chose to stay. Basic life tenet remains the same. There is no concept of tomorrow. With apologies to "Annie."

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
You missed the basic tenet. There is no thought of tomorrow.

I first came 30 years ago. Knew it then. Came back 4 years ago and chose to stay. Basic life tenet remains the same. There is no concept of tomorrow. With apologies to "Annie."

I didnt miss any tenet
R

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not to mention being greeted by palms so high it scares me to think the locals climb them just to get a coconut. Climb they do. They sway gently as they have done , i assume for 20 odd years.

locals sway gently? i could swear they furiously vibrate that chapa and...

oh. nevermind. :cheeky:

May 29, 2006
my god, my life has changed and the cubre libre in my hand confirms it...as does my sunburnt bone ass$$$$ed body

IrishGirlSunbathing.jpg

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
as stated i came here by mistake...then went to jamaica for 5 years and back to d.r. back and forth and alot of plane flights, memories of good times and still enjoying...

tao112

Jul 6, 2011
I live in D.r. because i am half dominican.....and. i get the best sex of my life here on the island.

there so many attractive and easy available girls that it is almost as being in heaven...

i can live with being robbed, cheated, hustled and all of the other negative things here.....but i cant live with out my many sexual endeavours that falls for my pesos..

so little time on this earth....so many girls...