I switched from the Hodelpa to the Catalonia Bavaro!

kim

Jan 10, 2002
Well after reading a lot of negative feedback about the Hodelpa, I switched to the Catalonia Bavaro. Any Feedback on that property? Sure hope I did the right thing!!!

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
Catalonia is a nice resort but it is located in the worst part of PC.
you better switch to Barcelo, Melia, Riu, or Flamenco

Beatriz

Jan 1, 2002
www.beatrizweb.com
I've been in Catalonia last December, and I liked it. Of course their beach (not the beach, the sea) is not the best of the area, but their swimming pool is really good...
If you want to see some photos, not only from Catalonia, also from other resorts in the area, you can check my web page (photos section). This is the direct link to photos section:

http://www.terra.es/personal/balirac/fotos.htm

Don?t doubt to email me if you need more info.

Beatriz

S

sackie

Switched

We were at Catalonia last year and were not impressed! A lot of the negative stuff written about Hodelpa would aply to the Catalonia. The food and the service were not up to par - the rooms and the poll were great, but the beach left much to be desired for swimming. All depends on what you are looking for.

carribeantravel

Jan 11, 2002
What is so bad about this stretch of beach that everyone is talking about. Ya'll got me curious that I don't go select a hotel anywhere near this property. Please reply.

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
There is a lot of seed weed in that strecht of beach and also Catalonia is located in a deserted area. nothing around. if you are looking for night life, you need to spend 40dlls in taxi to go to any club. besides that, this is one of the best resorts in PC. they have junior suite rooms with jacussi, 8 a la carte restaurants, the best pool in PC, etc.
If you are looking just to relax, this is the place. if you are looking for nightlife, forget it.

Munichchick

Aug 9, 2012
Thank you for the info on the Catalonia. We will be staying at Catalonia Royale Bavaro which is the adults-only premium section of the resort. I heard from others that there is actually decent snorkeling on a little arifical reef with lots of fish there and we loved the idea that there are no other resorts around it and are hoping that the coastline there will feel a kind of pristine. We had stayed at the Palladium Bavaro in the past and even so the beach there was beautiful it felt crowded with resort next to resort. Is the beach not as pretty at Catalonia? I hear workers are removing seaweed nonstop at the beach there to keep it nice. I sure hope we picked the right resort. We originally were booked at NOW Larimar but it has gotten so many bad reviews on tripadvisor over the last 3 month that we switched and we do prefer the adults-only atmosphere since we are childfree.