The benefits of coffee (not unique to the DR, but the DR does have good coffee)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For a historically mistrusted drink, coffee is proving to be a healthy addiction. Scientific findings in support of coffee?s nutritional attributes have been arriving at a steady drip since the 1980s, when Norwegian researchers reported that coffee seemed to fend off liver disease. Since then, the dark brown beverage has shown value against liver cancer, too, as well as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke. Coffee even appears to protect against depression, Parkinson?s and Alzheimer?s diseases.

Taken as a whole, these results might explain the most astonishing finding of all. People who drink two or more cups of coffee a day live longer than those who don?t, after accounting for behavioral differences, U.S. researchers reported in 2012. Studies in Japan, Scotland and Finland agree.

Talk about a twofer. Coffee not only picks you up, it might put off the day they lower you down.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article...ail&utm_term=0_a4c415a67f-54618d0268-93298973

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in my case the main benefit of coffee is for other people, mainly. that is, it stops from from comitting morning murders. :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The DR does have excellent coffee. BTW does anyone know where to get Santo Domingo brand when back in the states?

It's sold in every Latino supermarket I've been in [NJ/NY/PA]. We don't buy it in the US though, when we fly out of SD our suitcases are full of coffee. We buy beans - usually Monte Alto and Induban. I really miss the Olivo coffee.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Coffee, chocolate, rum and the weather. Just a few of my favorite things about living here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Enjoying a cup in Igucue Brazil at the moment, and was drinking even better brew in Peru last week. Liked enough that I'm bringing some back. Strong flavor, light acid, medium roast is my favorite but I'm adaptable. My cardiologist said two cups a day without th sugar and powered cream is good for you. I almost follow his orders. I don't use coffee whitener.