New non-stop flight CLT-POP on AA

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I was just searching dates for travel June 18 to August 13 on AA dot com from DAB. The first option given was DAB/CLT/POP for $757 (600 + 157 tax). The CLT/POP flight, AA 1918 said "pending government approval". Flight times 0935/1225 and the return 1320/1640. This opens up a ton of connections for many parts of the U.S. Not to mention the additional tourists badly needed on the north coast.
I hate going via MIA so this is welcome. Sadly, the price is still out of whack vs. STI & SDQ.

May 29, 2006
I avoid AA like the plague. Last time I took them missed the connection coming and going and they lost my luggage. I ended up in Boston instead of Hartford and had to pay for the ground transport. That was Hartford-San Juan-POP.. oh, but I landed in STGO instead. Got into Sosua around midnight instead of 2PM and back home almost 24 hours later than planned.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Peter, we've all had our airline horror stories and they aren't unique to AA. Those of us who live in Florida cannot avoid AA. Even for folks in the Northeast this flight gives and excellent connection to get to POP and an alternative to going via MIA or EWR. The CLT airport is not nearly as bad as MIA.
When it comes to hating on U.S. airlines I only can hate on Spirit. The rest are all "empty beer bottles with different labels".

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
From what I remember hearing about this flight is that it is only once a week.........So Big Deal