Got my air tickets!!

Tonyd

Jan 17, 2002
I will be in the dr from march 23 until april 1st,
As this will be my first trip i have some simple questions,
What is the deal on credit card and travlers checks?
and about what are the rates for a rentail car, and if you can get extra insurance on it. Also I recall a web page that had a very good data base for hotles, you could search by location and price,
thanks!!
Tony

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Traveller's cheques are insured in case of loss, cash isn't (hehe, like you didn't know that one ;)). You will get a better rate on exchanging traveller's cheques than cash at some places, and many places do actually accept traveller's cheques.

Credit cards are widely accepted, but don't try to use one to pay for your wifes braids on the beach!

You can rent a little 4x4 ragtop in low season for about $650RD per day, but it will be higher in high season. I had quotes yesterday (at the airport, just curios while we were waiting for people to arrive....not sure that the best deals are available right at the airport!) for $3000RD to $4000RD for a 3 day hard top 4x4 rental. Insurance extra ($133RD per day, or $300RD per day depending on the deductible you want).

Watch the deductibles, they can be over $2,500USD, and once you have seen drivers here you may not want to be responsible for that much damage...

have fun,
marc