Power Wheels or Peg Perego

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I want to get my daughter a Power Wheels or one of the Peg Perego jeeps or side by sides for her birthday. After an exhaustive search today in Santiago, I got no where but sticker shock. I checked Ferreteria Ochoa, Pricesmart, La Serina, Nacional, and the Toy Store by Casa Cuesta. I found a Polaris RZR in the toy store, and they wanted RD$37,000! There was a little jeep next to it was RD$45,000! I couldn't believe it. I was expecting to pay more, but not more than double. They go for US$3-380 on Amazon.

Any one seen one, hopefully in Puerto Plata so I don't have to go back to Santiago? I saw them at La Sirena last December, and not nearly as expensive. I know it is possible!

or

CLD96-frozen-jeep-d-1.jpg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would ask a door to door shipper what their cost would be to bring it to you. You might be pleasantly surprised.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I would ask a door to door shipper what their cost would be to bring it to you. You might be pleasantly surprised.

might be worth it. my buddy shipped me a rather large box from Newark 15 days ago. the guy rang my bell with it on Saturday night.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013

Encargo PAQ gave me a rate of RD$12,500 for the shipping and taxes. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than what that store wanted.