Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

One must learn to ask the perp whether or not he goes to church? Whether or not he believes in Jesus? Whether or not he reads the Bible? And last but not least, remember to ask where in the bible does it say the gringo pays more?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

i once had a female "walk all over me " and when she was done.. i thought i hadnt paid enough...so some win and some loose and we all have to to careful of situations...
    remember that alot of peeps have a black wall....it is beyond reasoning or thoiught process... an abiss....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    One must learn to ask the perp whether or not he goes to church? Whether or not he believes in Jesus? Whether or not he reads the Bible? And last but not least, remember to ask where in the bible does it say the gringo pays more?
    If you really want to know: Deut.23:20

4. Likes mobrouser, Jelly, Celt202 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    i once had a female "walk all over me " and when she was done.. i thought i hadnt paid enough...so some win and some loose and we all have to to careful of situations...
    remember that alot of peeps have a black wall....it is beyond reasoning or thoiught process... an abiss....
    I paid extra for the walk. Silly me

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drSix View Post
    Guess who is going to get my business?!? And, I told the second, farther away owner what had happened and thanked her for not charging me the Gringo price. I also told her she had my business, even though it was a little farther down the road. Maybe, the concept will stick!
    Well done, now you know whom to trust out of the two. Relations, relations....the Dominican way of thinking "siempre sale un pendejo a la calle." Don't be the one if avoidable and safet to do so.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I don't think charging someone "interest" and ripping people off because of their color of skin/ nationality are the same the thing. Although I am sure anyone who is Dominican or in some cases half Dominican would disagree with me. I'll continue to stand my ground whenever and where ever anyone attempts to charge me two to three times the amount of anything, especially the staples in life, no matter which country I decide to live in.

8. Likes Eleutheria liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit of a leap to think you were charged the Gringo price over a 30 peso difference. He may not be selling enough to buy wholesale, so if he buys a couple packs down the road retail at 170 and goes with a 20% markup, you've got your 200 pesos. Every item in a store has to pay its "rent" for the turnover time and shelf space it takes up. If he buys slow moving items in bulk, it's less working capital for the high turnover items and it wastes retail space. Some stores buy an item in bulk, sell at a discount to get the inventory down to their par level, then mark it up to the "normal price" so they do't run out. There's more to running a colmado than screwing with the Gringos, even in the DR.

Choose your battles.

10. Likes zoomzx11, mofongoloco liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Looked it up, then coffee out my nose.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

$25 extra pesos is not gringo price. People who overcharge like this will do it to anyone they can, regardless of the color of their skin.
    I have absolutely no problem with NOT paying extra over what was agreed upon, have never been in trouble for it, and have never heard of someone who's ever been harmed for refusing to do so.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter where I am , in which country, when I feel slighted.......
    Whether it be overcharged , poor service, ................ I never return.

They don't miss me, I don't miss them........ done

14. Likes Commander Ooh La La, USN liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast