Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PICHARDO Spin this: Blackouts kill five children

Blackouts kill five children

Five children were killed in three separate house fires over the weekend, caused by candles being used as a result of the daily blackouts.

The last case was on Sunday night, 13 September 2015 when a brother and sister were burned to death. Both were under the age of two and lived in Pueblo Nuevo, a rural area some 70 kilometers east of Santo Domingo.

Aracelis Ramirez, mother of 20-month old Xavier and seven-month old Ariana said that the candle was lit in the bedroom they slept in when she left the home for a moment. The fire burned the wooden hut to the ground.

On the same night a 21-month old boy was burned to death when his house burned down in Los Alcarrizos in the west of Santo Domingo, again due to a lit candle and on Saturday two children died, one aged six and the other two, in a fire in Santiago Rodriguez province. Once again a candle was burning in the children’s bedroom.

Source: DR1, Hoy

Sep 15, 2015

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it's not blackouts, it's negligence of the parents. yeah, so there was no power. no reason to leave the house locked up with a burning candle on. the kids can sleep in the dark or stay awake crying. it beats burning alive, i recon.

Post Thanks / Like

dv8 got there first. Poor parenting is the prime culprit.

Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

4. Likes sylindr, N/A liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

People have been using candles for ages

6. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    it's not blackouts, it's negligence of the parents. yeah, so there was no power. no reason to leave the house locked up with a burning candle on. the kids can sleep in the dark or stay awake crying. it beats burning alive, i recon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    dv8 got there first. Poor parenting is the prime culprit.

Indeed.

Continue on in the dark.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, c'mon, you act like these folks had to burn candles while they study a cure for cancer. all those recent house fires look the same: parents leave to a colmado while locking up the house all nice with small kids inside and a burning candle. what for does a 20 and 7 month old infant need a candle? to read kant?

9. Likes melphis, sylindr, Tracym liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Blackouts kill five children

Five children were killed in three separate house fires over the weekend, caused by candles being used as a result of the daily blackouts.

The last case was on Sunday night, 13 September 2015 when a brother and sister were burned to death. Both were under the age of two and lived in Pueblo Nuevo, a rural area some 70 kilometers east of Santo Domingo.

Aracelis Ramirez, mother of 20-month old Xavier and seven-month old Ariana said that the candle was lit in the bedroom they slept in when she left the home for a moment. The fire burned the wooden hut to the ground.

On the same night a 21-month old boy was burned to death when his house burned down in Los Alcarrizos in the west of Santo Domingo, again due to a lit candle and on Saturday two children died, one aged six and the other two, in a fire in Santiago Rodriguez province. Once again a candle was burning in the children’s bedroom.

Source: DR1, Hoy

Sep 15, 2015
    1) Agreed, this is about poor parenting.

2) And yet, despite all this, you choose to stay....

11. Dislikes Criss Colon disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    1) Agreed, this is about poor parenting.

2) And yet, despite all this, you choose to stay....
    I have the ways and means that the lights do not go out where I am. I made a commitment and I am sticking with it.

If the lights did not go out for these people, those children would not have died from bad parenting and the use of candles. Poor parenting and bad government. Both. It is not just one.

Dv8 is just upset she missed a death post. I am just kidding on that point.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

DRob, the lack of 24/7 power is and always has been an issue for me. Nobody has the balls to fix that problem.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    DRob, the lack of 24/7 power is and always has been an issue for me. Nobody has the balls to fix that problem.
    No doubt about that, you are right. But blaming the blackouts for these children dying is rather obtuse. The parent who left the candle burning - and left the house - carries 100% of the blame.

Admin
    DR1.com

15. Likes sylindr liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast