Great Danes

heisy

Jun 8, 2015
We are looking to add a Great Dane to our Family. Does anyone know a reputable place to buy a purebred one and what the price might be.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Prices for pure bred are in the region of RD$50-60,000 pesos. That is with papers. Those without papers and still pure bred are in the RD$30-40k range.

Matilda

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a year and a half Tosa Inu in Hato Mayor that is looking for a home. Fantastic dogs. This one is a female brindle colored one.

I asked in the states about a Tosa and was quoted $6000 US for a female...This one is pure-bred...

Let me know if you are interested...I can't take her because we already have 5 doggies here.

HB

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Edited by me because my friend got it backwards: Praise when right and punish when wrong...

Good Morning, As with any dog but especially with this breed it is imperative one corrects them when they are right, praises
them when they are wrong and BE CONSISTENT ! This is in addition that food presentation with a "stay" until released.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I should have added that dogs of this type need to be trained. Lots of praise when they are good and slight punishment when they are bad. The main thing is consistency. No need to call them by their names all the time. For example: You should not say:"Bad Rocky, bad Rocky" Since his name should be used only for good stuff.

If he/she gets confused regarding his/her actions and his/her name, then there is inconsistent behavior. And with a dog that can weigh 150 pounds you do not want that.

HB

I wrote this before seeing SantiagoDR's post above....as usual he is right, especially regarding the presentation of food and "STAY" until I say okay or go...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This of the Molosser clan... I have one.

Serious dogs, loyal but need 'rules'

Mine is 50% Cane Corso, 25% Boxer and 25% American Bulldog........... about 130lbs
Just turned 14 months.