The day has finally come...

We got our first metered Luz bill today. I knew it was going to come at some point but was enjoying my 700 peso month Luz bill :)

So it was 16,000 pesos. 1,430 kW.

Ok the weird thing is I don't know where the meter is!!!!!! I've been waiting for it to pop up around my house for a year or so bc I heard our area was next to get them but I don't see one anywhere
near my house. My maid says it's in the barrio somewhere. I have a strange feeling we are lighting up the whole barrio.
Off to edenorte tomorrow to see what happens :)

We don't use A/C, 7 fans on 24/7, pool pump was 24/7 now WON'T be!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
in us dollars how much at 45. $363..us dollars for lights...fans pool pump...is expensive to rum motors...

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Pool pump 24/7

Bingo !!! That's your problem right there as they are usually 220V

My advice only run it 3-4 hours a day

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Timer on the pool. Check around your property for any new trenchs. Find your meter to make sure no new lines are run on your side of the meter. These guys are good.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Pool pump 24/7

Bingo !!! That's your problem right there as they are usually 220V

My advice only run it 3-4 hours a day

Yeagh I was gonna say, I used to do that and at around 10 cents KW Hour, the pool pump 24/7 used to cost me around $150 a month in the summer. Learned that one real fast. So thats an easy $100 + deduction by limiting the Hours to under 5 .

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
We got our first metered Luz bill today. I knew it was going to come at some point but was enjoying my 700 peso month Luz bill :)

So it was 16,000 pesos. 1,430 kW.

Ok the weird thing is I don't know where the meter is!!!!!! I've been waiting for it to pop up around my house for a year or so bc I heard our area was next to get them but I don't see one anywhere
near my house. My maid says it's in the barrio somewhere. I have a strange feeling we are lighting up the whole barrio.
Off to edenorte tomorrow to see what happens :)

We don't use A/C, 7 fans on 24/7, pool pump was 24/7 now WON'T be!

If you are living in a small castle with no meter then it makes perfect sense to "some" just to bill you for what they think you might be capable of using or, better yet, think you can afford.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I wish I could afford that for Luz every month!!

Who knows what is going on really but that is why I like living here. :)

My electric bill was 200 pesos last month. Now that I think about it, it was 200 pesos the month before as well.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I remember my first Edenorte bill last June for my first month in the house... Some 15.5K pesos... Pool was also running all the time, which was about 12 hrs per day, the other 12 hrs were in the "dark"...

With a couple of adjustments over the following months, my last bill from last week is down to 4.2K pesos... I'm all excited...

And I still don't know why its costing so much.... Hmmm, so much I can do...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You know you have adjusted to the DR when your goal for the entire day is to go down to the electric company to fight over the bill. I hope you have better luck than the thousands who have gone before. Please let us know how it works out. Maybe you will be the one.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You will go to the electric company. They will be very polite. You will meet a manager. He will tell you we will review your bill and get back to you.

You will never hear from them and next month your bill will be even higher. Good luck, you will need it.