security companies?

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
We got a quote from a security company to install 2 sirens triggered by "panic buttons", 3 fixed and 2 key fobs. The system is wireless. The quote was just over 800$ US.I don't have any experience in this area but I find this to be very expensive. Anyone with similiar systems?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We got a quote from a security company to install 2 sirens triggered by "panic buttons", 3 fixed and 2 key fobs. The system is wireless. The quote was just over 800$ US.I don't have any experience in this area but I find this to be very expensive. Anyone with similiar systems?

Sounds high to me too. We just had a security system installed by company from Santo Domingo - with all the taxes it was 28,000. Included 3 motion detectors, door alarms, indoor and outdoor very loud sirens, etc.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
That's the Gringo's price, ask for the "Dominicano" price.......

Way too much money, with that amount you should be getting a complete security system and some change back.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Included 3 motion detectors, door alarms, indoor and outdoor very loud sirens, etc.

Just be aware that if you use motions detectors outside (Like in an open garage area) on an alarm system, birds flying in will set off the alarm. Passive Infra-red motion detectors that rely on body heat can easily be bypassed. Lizards and birds are sources of trouble with motion detectors.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just be aware that if you use motions detectors outside (Like in an open garage area) on an alarm system, birds flying in will set off the alarm. Passive Infra-red motion detectors that rely on body heat can easily be bypassed. Lizards and birds are sources of trouble with motion detectors.

They insisted on putting one in the raised terrazzo behind the house, because the 2 inverters and batteries are in there. It's gone off twice already. The maid said it was enough to wake the dead, and she could "feel it in her heart". :)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Security systems are great to have when someone (like the PN) is actually going to respond to the alarm. Unless you own a gun and plan on stopping the intruders yourself, completely useless. You might be better off hiring a part-time security guard but this can easily become a problem as well because... well I'm sure you read the news down here from time to time. Good luck.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
AlterEgo,- may I please know contact info for the company in Santo Domingo? Thanks!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AlterEgo,- may I please know contact info for the company in Santo Domingo? Thanks!

Alarmas AAA - 809-985-1000. Ask for Faldigris in the sales department. Also sent you a PM with referral info.

They actually have been calling every couple of weeks to ask how the system is working, if there are any problem, etc.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Alarmas AAA - 809-985-1000. Ask for Faldigris in the sales department. Also sent you a PM with referral info.

They actually have been calling every couple of weeks to ask how the system is working, if there are any problem, etc.
I can second that......they're good.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
You could also look at wireless systems on line and order one in. They are not very difficukt to install.