Question regarding American Citizens

Mr. ManInDR

Sep 25, 2015
Hello
A friend of mine is an american citizen , She lives and works in DR since 1979 . Recently her bank sent her a notice that she must file some legal and tax documentation in order to keep her account open. She had never filed federal taxes . Anyone knows what she should do to comply with the requirements? . I have done some research and so far I have found out that she is eligible to the status of bona fine resident , since all her income is from non american origin and she make a far less than the amount exempted by law.
If She want to regularize her status how many years of federal taxes she must filed?
How the Federal tax forms could be filed from the DR?
I just want to find a way to help her , she is a working single mother that doesn't earn much money and cant afford an expert ...anyone could give me some advice in helping her to comply?

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Hello
A friend of mine is an american citizen , She lives and works in DR since 1979 . Recently her bank sent her a notice that she must file some legal and tax documentation in order to keep her account open. She had never filed federal taxes . Anyone knows what she should do to comply with the requirements? . I have done some research and so far I have found out that she is eligible to the status of bona fine resident , since all her income is from non american origin and she make a far less than the amount exempted by law.
If She want to regularize her status how many years of federal taxes she must filed?
How the Federal tax forms could be filed from the DR?
I just want to find a way to help her , she is a working single mother that doesn't earn much money and cant afford an expert ...anyone could give me some advice in helping her to comply?

I would call up these people: www.americantaxhelp.com . They are experts in US expats abroad. Speak to Pam, she will guide you and not charge you. Great person, very knowledgeable. Good luck.