Haitian Roundup is On in Fruisa

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Saw an old school bus with Migracion sign on it. Another car with some soldiers. They are going around Fruisa and filling the bus up with Haitians. I saw them take a guy out of the place near the traffic light where they fix tires. They just went up to him and walked him to the bus. Polite, but firm.

Only Haitians on the bus.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Let me guess....the dead giveaway that they were Haitians was.........

When you are living here for 14 years you can figure out who is Haitian and who is Dominican.

Ans since one of the soldiers told me they are only looking for Haitians I figured this out all by myself.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
When you are living here for 14 years you can figure out who is Haitian and who is Dominican.

Ans since one of the soldiers told me they are only looking for Haitians I figured this out all by myself.

don?t tell me they were not checking the foreigners for those deadly overstay gringos. PICHY said they would be.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
all day saturday and this morning , the Miltary with immigration officers were stopping all trucks loaded with Haitian workers and this was at the entry for workers at Casa de Campo . They did not stop Haitians on motor bikes . They were putting people into a truck with benches . Reported to me by the golf professional . Also I had a Canadian friend who was stopped by the military and immigration and asked to show his latest DR entry date because he has neither cedular or DR drivers licence

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I saw two full buses on the NC Saturday. I wondered if that's what was up, the occupants didn't look happy.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Usually they round up the Hatians in Bavaro once or twice a year for a week or so. I don't know if it's for a photo op or perhaps Imigration is just proving thier worth. Most of the people they round up and deport are back within a week or two.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
They speak Kreole and funny Spanish, Give your head a shake, if they were Dominican they would have a Cedula to prove it.

They speak that ugly language ,creol , very well . They speak french appallingly and they speak spanish with the softer tone and mainly itis usually in phrases . I really wonder if they would take them from la Romana to the border,, my friends in la Romana seem to think they wait for the contractor to pay the military the necessary money and the Haitians are released . I do not know the truth of this . Will find out on wednesday

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
They speak that ugly language ,creol , very well . They speak french appallingly and they speak spanish with the softer tone and mainly itis usually in phrases . I really wonder if they would take them from la Romana to the border,, my friends in la Romana seem to think they wait for the contractor to pay the military the necessary money and the Haitians are released . I do not know the truth of this . Will find out on wednesday

it?s month end. maybe the contractors pay them to get the Haitians out of town so they do not have to pay them wages owed.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
is more than possible as is anything and everything ..have to keep on your toes here ..not to sure if I would want to be a contractor who cheated a group of hungry Haitians

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
is more than possible as is anything and everything ..have to keep on your toes here ..not to sure if I would want to be a contractor who cheated a group of hungry Haitians

it happens all the time. even big, reputable operations have the taint hanging over them.

Beenaway

May 27, 2013

Don't want to start a bun fight - but with all due respect..... and I understand you bake exceedingly nice cakes 'n all...... but

Ugly language? do you speak it? Do you understand it?
How is your French? Are you properly tri-lingual....

Just sayin'

Pedrochemical

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

It is the norm, absolutely standard practice. Haitians miss a week every month on their salary on the big contracts around Bavaro. It is disputed roadside for hours on end one Friday of every month. But is generally accepted by the workers, if they get heavy then the police are notified and they come round and send them back over the border. Then guaranteed they will be back to start again within a week, all forgiven.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Ignorance is bliss

They speak Kreole and funny Spanish, Give your head a shake, if they were Dominican they would have a Cedula to prove it.

Oh, Bobby. You hide your ignorance so poorly. Creole is the way you spell it--and if everyone who spoke funny English were deported from Canada and the U.S., the streets would be empty. As for the cedula, please research the history of Haitians in the DR since 1929.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm looking forward to rounding up some gringos and seeing how many have outstanding warrant in their home countries.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i'm looking forward to rounding up some gringos and seeing how many have outstanding warrant in their home countries.

that would be some fun worth the popcorn and rum ready.
but nooo,
the same ole haitian cattling stuff as usual.
if they wanna catch 10.000 in just one morning sweep,
they only have to lock down by Military the mainstreet of Veron on the lower end/towards the boulevard,
as that's the primespot of the area where haitian workers are loaded every morning on Trucks and Camionetas to be brought to work.
of course Friusa in Bavaro is a good starting point, too,
there they find less numebrs of construction workers but the vast mayority of haitian drug dealers and their working girls just at Friusa/the Hoyo.

Mike