flying out of the dr

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
For the life of me I couldnt find the other threads on the subject........

Anyway flew out of santiago mid-september,
Had my cedula, residency, clean fingers to be scanned and archived, hair cut and nose hair trimmed for the biometric data......

Didnt need any :ermm::ermm:

Walk into passenger zone : ticket and boarding pas.s checked.

Passport control : hand over my passport, only thing she wanted to know was where was ESTA visa ? ( errrr, no idea mam, its on internet... repeated 3 times to puzzeled migracion officer ).

Right after passport control, just before security check : hand over paper thingy with information ( no place to write anything, so just write down any old thing ), takes it without even looking and asks me how long I was in the dr.
15 months i answer,
She raises an eyebrow and says " ah but u have cedula ! "
I say yes, and take out wallet to get said cedula......
No, no, its OK. Smile. Smile. Off to security.

So tip to travellers : dont want to pay overstay, travel through cibao airport !!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I left from AZS on Saturday.

My name came up on the computer showing my stay (1 week) and all my other info.
System seems to work well.... hard to say really.

A few issues -
Arriving at 1:20pm for a 3pm flight, I was the LAST checkin.

I hear those in front of me being offered - window, middle or aisle ?
I step up and ask if the plane is full --- si , senor - full.
?Are there any BIG seats left?........ no, senor, nada.

Then she asks me - window, middle or aisle?

Wait a second... full plane , last passenger and i have a choice ......... error somewhere.

Then she sees my small white immigration card.
Oh no.... that is for RD passports..... you need the blue form
Now, I know this is bogus but I smile, accept the form and walk away............. never filled it out.
It says right at the top..........VISITORS ONLY

I slide thru immigration (white form) and board directly.

There were 5 empty big seats and the stewardess told me there 14 empty regular seats.

Then the girl spilled the red wine on me.... just one hour into a 4 hr flight - and a 2 hr drive home.

WestJet....
Oh yeah..... 4 girls checking in until the plane arrives.... fast

Plane arrives and 2 girls go to greet it............ line slows dramatically

All in all fine....... sort of.... the tie dyed red wine jeans were just bit odd

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
For the life of me I couldnt find the other threads on the subject........

Anyway flew out of santiago mid-september,
Had my cedula, residency, clean fingers to be scanned and archived, hair cut and nose hair trimmed for the biometric data......

Didnt need any :ermm::ermm:

Walk into passenger zone : ticket and boarding pas.s checked.

Passport control : hand over my passport, only thing she wanted to know was where was ESTA visa ? ( errrr, no idea mam, its on internet... repeated 3 times to puzzeled migracion officer ).

Right after passport control, just before security check : hand over paper thingy with information ( no place to write anything, so just write down any old thing ), takes it without even looking and asks me how long I was in the dr.
15 months i answer,
She raises an eyebrow and says " ah but u have cedula ! "
I say yes, and take out wallet to get said cedula......
No, no, its OK. Smile. Smile. Off to security.

So tip to travellers : dont want to pay overstay, travel through cibao airport !!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

As a resident you were not going to have any issues were you?

A swipe of your passport told the immigration officer your status....and they don't check cedulas nor resident permits on exit these days.

Equally no one has posted yet that the fingerprinting and cameras have been installed and used in any other airport other than SDQ.

Advice from 'wood' on his SDQ experience was useful for 'overstayers' ....the advice you offer over and above your experience could be seen as malicious with you being a resident.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I flew out of POP last week...with residency. Last time I flew out was in May. Gave the girl at the desk my passport and residency. Since I have my residency she called some guy out of his office, he took me to another counter and entered my info into a computer. He said that Santo Domingo will want to know why I wasn't charged an exit fee and that my info should be in the computer for the next time I fly out.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The one thing in the original posting that is now occurring is that the immigration are asking more and more to see the ESTA visa..it really is the receipt when you do a renewal every several years and most people carry a copy in the passport .
Seamonkey ..the immigration computers have suddenly become more efficient in the airports and the central SD office and I think it is very good .The earlier problems of lack of shared information between immigration and the fiscals also seems to be largely resolved When they get all the land titles finally onto the computers and I think that will be soon, that also will be good .All moving in a positive way .

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The one thing in the original posting that is now occurring is that the immigration are asking more and more to see the ESTA visa..it really is the receipt when you do a renewal every several years and most people carry a copy in the passport .
Seamonkey ..the immigration computers have suddenly become more efficient in the airports and the central SD office and I think it is very good .The earlier problems of lack of shared information between immigration and the fiscals also seems to be largely resolved When they get all the land titles finally onto the computers and I think that will be soon, that also will be good .All moving in a positive way .
Can you please explain the relationship between visas and land titles? Is there a new residence visa based on land ownership?