Missing DR1 posters

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2007
I'm sure there are several similar threads, just wanted to update

Anyone know what happened to the guy who called himself "sky something" He was always broke, moving, had all kinds of
pain, took in stray animals but couldn't feed them or pay vet bills I think his name was Anthony

And Texas Bill, someone may have said he passed bu then I think someone else said no, good ole guy must be
a 100+ Hope he is doing well

should ask about Porkchop but I imagine he is on a vacation, and Mr fish?

La Professor

and anyone have any updates on some of the more infamous posters like Planner, cant think of the guys name
but he was an accountant of some type that hung at Rocky's before Interpol asked him to come home (What asurprise0
and tall drink and who knows who else and of course Marco himself (Rocky) haven't read a word since the famous apostrophe
controversy

I know many get bored, move on or whatever, just curious if anyone had information that could be disseminated
in public

it's funny, though you may fight and argue with some posters you feel like you know them after a time and wonder
where they are

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
DerFish and DonP I noticed were missing a few days ago so I searched for their last posts and under their handle it says "banned".

Planner, there is another DR message board I just happened to run across while using Google. Can't remember the name but their is a Planner on that board who is a very active poster, maybe same one.

Marco from Rockys and Apos that's a no brainer why they packed up and left.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm sure there are several similar threads, just wanted to update

Anyone know what happened to the guy who called himself "sky something" He was always broke, moving, had all kinds of
pain, took in stray animals but couldn't feed them or pay vet bills I think his name was Anthony

His name was Skynet. No clue where he is today.

And Texas Bill, someone may have said he passed bu then I think someone else said no, good ole guy must be
a 100+ Hope he is doing well

should ask about Porkchop but I imagine he is on a vacation, and Mr fish?

Porkman is fine, not on vacation, posted when Mikel died. Fish is on vacation.

La Professor

LaProfe? She's fine, talked to her this past week. Or do you mean the teacher from Santiago? She's fine too.

and anyone have any updates on some of the more infamous posters like Planner, cant think of the guys name
but he was an accountant of some type that hung at Rocky's before Interpol asked him to come home (What asurprise0
and tall drink and who knows who else and of course Marco himself (Rocky) haven't read a word since the famous apostrophe
controversy

Talldrink is still a FB friend, married her love and has a wonderful life in NJ.

I know many get bored, move on or whatever, just curious if anyone had information that could be disseminated
in public

it's funny, though you may fight and argue with some posters you feel like you know them after a time and wonder
where they are

Right now we probably have the most banned posters that I can remember. Something in the water????

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There is a poster, El Profe, I am La Profe and there is also La Teacher in Santiago.

If you mean me, I am fine as AE said, but am currently in the US being a Mommy-Nurse for one of my children.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
People get banned when the site gets boring.
I know a few were getting a bit sick of Moderator intervention on almost every thread and so probably needed a break.
DonP still got his site? If so no doubt he'll be posting death n things on there.

I think I'm gunna take a DR1 vacation soon, don't even live there anymore, nor have much good to say and so I wonder about myself sometimes, I should start fading out I reckon.

(yes, alright, I can hear the applause from hear thankyou!)

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If I could humbly state that the Banning thing is a little off putting or intimidating to newer members who are sincerely trying to participate , add value and share info, and make new friends...
When I see a person who has been here for many years and has like thousands of posts I would assume that person has earned enough respect or clout that it would take a serious offense to ban them, but that does not seem to be the case.
but it is what it is, and we try to comply as best as we can.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Some posters are banned. Others decide they don't want to post anymore for a variety of reasons. It could be they relocated or no longer visit the DR as frequently, so they see no need to post on a site dedicated to a place they're no longer affiliated with. It s their individual choice.

I know a few were getting a bit sick of Moderator intervention on almost every thread and so probably needed a break.

This is a figment of your imagination. Moderator interaction on this site is the best I've seen, and I say this on behalf of the other mods, not myself. They do a great job and I'm proud to be part of the team.

If the rules are followed there should be no problems. If they are not, expect a mod to intervene. It seems pretty simple and straightforward.

I think I'm gunna take a DR1 vacation soon, don't even live there anymore, nor have much good to say and so I wonder about myself sometimes, I should start fading out I reckon.

(yes, alright, I can hear the applause from hear thankyou!)

This isn't some junior high school lunch clique crowd. This is a site dedicated to the Dominican Republic. We are all adults. If you decide not to post for a while, that's your decision. DR1 will be here when you come back, and will remain here if you choose not to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.