Mortgage business

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Criss colon needs!

Criss colon could use 25,000.00 for a garage for his new jeepeta.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Scott,
I think I covered this in my earlier e-mails to you.
DON'T DO IT UNTIL YOU HAVE REALLY CHECKED IT OUT IN PERSON!!!!
You need to be down here, check the existing systems in person, design your operation so that it could work alongside & in cooperation with the existing systems & then apply for the licences that will be necessary. I know you have said you are not worried about competition - you are used to that .... but here you will find that competition goes a little further than it does in other countries - it becomes very dangerous at times & is (to say the least) unfair in it's resourcefulness!!

I totally agree that some form of mortgage facilities for Gringos AND Dominicans would be a good idea & COULD work extremely well with the right sort of cooperation from a Dominican Partner!! This may not be something you want to hear, but in the first instances, until you get to be known, respected & trusted by the local community, it is something you should seriously consider.

Get back to me if you want more. - Grahame.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
There can be more than one resourseful person in the DR Graham.

I would only do this in conjunction with a local RE Broker, attorney and of course myself. I would do this in a very small way and anyones toes that I happen to step on will have such small toes that they wouldnt have any other resourses.

I am not going to do a huge operation nor am I planning on taking over the Island with a leveraged takeover. Really no toes to step on my friend. I have a very good relationship with two local banks currently and many friends.

I am only going to do this as a supplement to retirement. You always either seem threatened or threatening for some reason but I can assure you I plan no evil and if it for some reason it doesn't work out I will still be able to live.

Kindest regards,
Scott

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Scott,
I ma neither treatened nor threatening, ask those who know me. Having now lived here for nearly 10 years, I have (like you) a group of friends around me that I can call on if things ever get to that stage. No sir, I am just aware of what CAN happen here & was trying to pass on some of this to you. Hopefully, others will put their experinces/suggestions here too.

If you feel that you can circumnavigate all this 'possible agro' - GREAT, I wish you every good fortune. As I said in my posting, I think it IS something that would serve a useful purpose & if you wanted additional thoughts on the matter, I will gladly chat them over with you - If NOT, that is also fine. - Grahame

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Graham,

I would enjoy meeting with and chatting with you which I have planned the next time down. Maybe in the next couple of weeks even.

Cris,

So, Jeepetta is any type or size of SUV having nothing to do with the "Jeep" name?

Regards