Noise level-loud music cut off time

heisy

Jun 8, 2015
My lovely wife is driving me nuts, she insists on me to turn down my music at 9pm, even on weekends.....She is afrakid the cops will be called and take my equipment away......Does anyone know the actual laws regarding loud music in a neighnorhood setting.

Thank you.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My lovely wife is driving me nuts, she insists on me to turn down my music at 9pm, even on weekends.....She is afrakid the cops will be called and take my equipment away......Does anyone know the actual laws regarding loud music in a neighnorhood setting.

Thank you.

Is your wife Dominican? Sounds like she has some respect for the people who live around you. Perphaps you should listen to her. The law has absolutely nothing to do with the police. They only use/ apply laws in this country on a case by case basis (selectively).

If you are a gringo bad idea to have a problem with your neighbors. If one of your neighbors happens to know the police (calls them on their cell phone) there is a very good chance they will be taking both you and your stereo equipment to the local station to $sort out the situation.

Better to just turn down the music.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Thank you.

Your wife has probably been hearing all the recent news about equipment being confiscated for excess noise whereby people can ring 911 to complain. Then Medio Ambienet come along and check with their noise meters and if you are in breach of the law you lose.

Unidades de la Polic?a Nacional que brindan soporte al Sistema Nacional de Atenci?n a Emergencias y Seguridad 911 incautaron este fin de semana 74 aparatos de sonido porque superaban los niveles de ruido permitidos por la normativa vigente.

La operaci?n inici? el s?bado, d?a en que se decomisaron 17 cajones y 12 bocinas. El domingo se confiscaron 20 cajones y 25 bocinas.

Las requisas se llevaron a cabo en distintas localidades del Gran Santo Domingo, luego que ciudadanos denunciaran situaciones puntuales al 911.

Los decomisos proceden cuando se comprueba que los due?os han violado las regulaciones ambientales vigentes, entre estas la legislaci?n 64-00 sobre Medio Ambiente y el art?culo 10 de la ley 287-04 sobre ruido, inform? el Ministerio de la Presidencia en su reporte sobre 911.

http://eldia.com.do/sistema-911-incauta-74-aparatos/

...and today including 120 confiscated in Santiago:

http://www.cdn.com.do/noticias/2015...as-y-ocho-vehiculos-en-operativo-anti-ruidos/

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
This must be a first.

I have never seen here anyone post about themselves having the loud music and until what time they can do it until. I think you should show compassion for your neighbors and turn it down.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
When someone called "amp" is telling you to turn down the music, it is time to listen.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Get some good headphones. Crank them up 'till your ears bleed if you wish. Nobody else will be annoyed.

Yes there are laws that are sometimes enforced in the DR regarding excessive noise levels. And yes there are many speaker systems that have been confiscated because of that excessive noise.

heisy

Jun 8, 2015
We are all glad to not be your neighbor.

Thank you, the feeling is mutual. However, folks that are not 100yrs. old and glued to a computerscreen all day have social occasions once in a while. Some of those make the time even more valuable with a little dance and a little music. Humanity has enjoyed itself like that almost since the beginning. I was also not talking of Colmado level noise....noise levels adrquate for a home that is entertaining. Interesting to see that not one poster could answer my question, but everyone jumped on the hate waggon.......Very interesting to see always the same MO on a forum that is anonymous. It brings out the best in folks all the time......I belong to a professional forum where you a registered with full credentials, oh boy is the tone and quality of discussion different.....

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Thank you, the feeling is mutual. However, folks that are not 100yrs. old and glued to a computerscreen all day have social occasions once in a while. Some of those make the time even more valuable with a little dance and a little music. Humanity has enjoyed itself like that almost since the beginning. I was also not talking of Colmado level noise....noise levels adrquate for a home that is entertaining. Interesting to see that not one poster could answer my question, but everyone jumped on the hate waggon.......Very interesting to see always the same MO on a forum that is anonymous. It brings out the best in folks all the time......I belong to a professional forum where you a registered with full credentials, oh boy is the tone and quality of discussion different.....

Los decomisos proceden cuando se comprueba que los due?os han violado las regulaciones ambientales vigentes, entre estas la legislaci?n 64-00 sobre Medio Ambiente y el art?culo 10 de la ley 287-04 sobre ruido, inform? el Ministerio de la Presidencia en su reporte sobre 911

......go read the legislation and the law on noise.........with such attitude you don't deserve any positive response

dropshort

May 18, 2008
As I recall the noise limit any time is 90 db.

A noise level of 90 db or more for more than 15 minutes WILL cause a permanent hearing loss.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i am unaware of these forums that are the epitome of civility. i belong to quite a few hi fi forums, where the topics are discussed by experts and wannabe experts, and guys get banned there more than they do here.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
My lovely wife is driving me nuts, she insists on me to turn down my music at 9pm, even on weekends.....

Although I appreciate it is not a school night over the weekend you should also consider your parents feelings after 9pm.