Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Noise level-loud music cut off time

My lovely wife is driving me nuts, she insists on me to turn down my music at 9pm, even on weekends.....She is afrakid the cops will be called and take my equipment away......Does anyone know the actual laws regarding loud music in a neighnorhood setting.

Thank you.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisy View Post
    My lovely wife is driving me nuts, she insists on me to turn down my music at 9pm, even on weekends.....She is afrakid the cops will be called and take my equipment away......Does anyone know the actual laws regarding loud music in a neighnorhood setting.

Thank you.
    Is your wife Dominican? Sounds like she has some respect for the people who live around you. Perphaps you should listen to her. The law has absolutely nothing to do with the police. They only use/ apply laws in this country on a case by case basis (selectively).

If you are a gringo bad idea to have a problem with your neighbors. If one of your neighbors happens to know the police (calls them on their cell phone) there is a very good chance they will be taking both you and your stereo equipment to the local station to $sort out the situation.

Better to just turn down the music.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisy View Post

Thank you.
    Your wife has probably been hearing all the recent news about equipment being confiscated for excess noise whereby people can ring 911 to complain. Then Medio Ambienet come along and check with their noise meters and if you are in breach of the law you lose.

Unidades de la Policía Nacional que brindan soporte al Sistema Nacional de Atención a Emergencias y Seguridad 911 incautaron este fin de semana 74 aparatos de sonido porque superaban los niveles de ruido permitidos por la normativa vigente.

La operación inició el sábado, día en que se decomisaron 17 cajones y 12 bocinas. El domingo se confiscaron 20 cajones y 25 bocinas.

Las requisas se llevaron a cabo en distintas localidades del Gran Santo Domingo, luego que ciudadanos denunciaran situaciones puntuales al 911.

Los decomisos proceden cuando se comprueba que los dueños han violado las regulaciones ambientales vigentes, entre estas la legislación 64-00 sobre Medio Ambiente y el artículo 10 de la ley 287-04 sobre ruido, informó el Ministerio de la Presidencia en su reporte sobre 911.

http://eldia.com.do/sistema-911-incauta-74-aparatos/

...and today including 120 confiscated in Santiago:

http://www.cdn.com.do/noticias/2015/...o-anti-ruidos/

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This must be a first.

I have never seen here anyone post about themselves having the loud music and until what time they can do it until. I think you should show compassion for your neighbors and turn it down.

5. Likes 4*4*4, ju10prd, drstock, Hector L liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When someone called "amp" is telling you to turn down the music, it is time to listen.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4*4*4 View Post
    When someone called "amp" is telling you to turn down the music, it is time to listen.
    Funny Friday.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

8. Likes 4*4*4 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

if I was your neighbor I would hope they would take your stereo equipment. Do you really think anyone else wants to listen to your loud music? Major selfish move!

10. Likes rubio_higuey, retiree, Hector L, Tracym, HIRAM and 1 others liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Get some good headphones. Crank them up 'till your ears bleed if you wish. Nobody else will be annoyed.

Yes there are laws that are sometimes enforced in the DR regarding excessive noise levels. And yes there are many speaker systems that have been confiscated because of that excessive noise.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

We are all glad to not be your neighbor.

13. Likes drstock, Harleysrock, Hector L liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    We are all glad to not be your neighbor.
    Thank you, the feeling is mutual. However, folks that are not 100yrs. old and glued to a computerscreen all day have social occasions once in a while. Some of those make the time even more valuable with a little dance and a little music. Humanity has enjoyed itself like that almost since the beginning. I was also not talking of Colmado level noise....noise levels adrquate for a home that is entertaining. Interesting to see that not one poster could answer my question, but everyone jumped on the hate waggon.......Very interesting to see always the same MO on a forum that is anonymous. It brings out the best in folks all the time......I belong to a professional forum where you a registered with full credentials, oh boy is the tone and quality of discussion different.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast