Job Fair - East Coast

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
[This was posted to the Dominicano Spouses FB page]

Anyone or their families looking for a job?

Jobs fair in Punta Cana

The executive director of the Hotels and Tourism Projects Association in the eastern region, Janet Guerrero, has announced a job fair for Tuesday, 20 and Wednesday 21 October 2015 from 7am to 7pm at the Centro Universitario Regional Este (CURE) in Higuey, La Altagracia province. Applicants are asked to bring a CV with a photo and copy of their ID. The CVs will be distributed to hotels in the Bavaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto, Macao and Cabeza de Toro and allied companies.

She said there were many vacancies, especially for speakers of foreign languages, for posts incuding restaurant supervisors, concierges, bartenders, waiters, reception staff, nightclub staff and hostesses, animation staff, dancers, restaurant captains, Japanese food chefs, water and land activities staff, and water sports staff.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Appeared first in DR1 Daily News on 9 October 2015. Is the same story, repeated by the Dominican Spouses FB page.
Would have thought they would have credited DR1.

See story No. 4

http://dr1.com/premium/news/2015/dnews100915.shtml#4

My fault Dolores, apologies. That's the downside of using Tapatalk some days when I'm away from the computer - I can't see the news, only the forums, so I missed the news that day. It was new to me when I saw it on FB.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I'm very grateful to Alter Ego for bringing this Job Fair to my attention, as a business owner there are very few days when someone doesn't tell me they are desperate for a job. One of my friends who has just lost his job went to the Job Fair yesterday as a result of a "little" encouragement from me, he spent all morning worrying about what shirt to wear while we typed up his Curriculum Vitae, then after a few hundred Whatsapps he managed to get on the road and arrived there at about 4pm. I thought there would be a sea of people, but they were closing up early because they said hardly anyone had come. Supposedly there are hundreds of jobs and nobody showed up to apply for them. So they said he stands a good chance of getting something. He is the kind of guy who will rapidly become a sanky-panky, so I think will fit in perfectly to Bavaro. Fingers crossed, and thanks again.