dominicans most likely to protest

Sep 4, 2012
Protest: an expression or declaration of objection, disapproval, or dissent, often in opposition to something a person is powerless to prevent or avoid

Complaint: an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
and a promise that things will change...

"I hear your concerns, they concern me as well. Rest assured that I want to make things better, but I need your help. Please help me to help you and together we can achieve the impossible." A politician can seem like your best friend and yet if you examine their statements they say nothing and offer nothing it is all an illusion to placate the masses. Very similar to the verbiage I was trained to use in interviews with suspects :)

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Mmmh couldnt judge the rest of latin america as I never lived there.

BUT I find dominicans ( well in my campo at least ) very " tame " .
I imagine the french experiencing 4 hours a day of tap water, not being able to cook with it or drink it, 12 hours a day electricity blackouts, corrupt politicians/civil servants/police forces, huge social disparities, etc, etc......
It would be civil war, real civil war, in about 20 mn....lol.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
Mmmh couldnt judge the rest of latin america as I never lived there.

BUT I find dominicans ( well in my campo at least ) very " tame " .
I imagine the french experiencing 4 hours a day of tap water, not being able to cook with it or drink it, 12 hours a day electricity blackouts, corrupt politicians/civil servants/police forces, huge social disparities, etc, etc......
It would be civil war, real civil war, in about 20 mn....lol.

I think a lot of Dominicans feel quite powerless. They are quite accepting of bad treatment, service, getting screwed, etc. I think that due to their history they don't quite feel the same way we expats do about our "rights".
I also think this accounts for some of their wildly ridiculous behaviour like lying constantly, overcharging, etc.
When given an opportunity to wield even a tiny bit of power, they have no idea what to do with it.
Kind of pathetic really.