POP to have marine outfall and sewage treatment plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
dumping in the ocean is never a good idea. Say goodbye to ocean off PP and whats downstream. The PP water quality is bad now but it will get much worse. Ocean outfalls are the cheapest but also the worst form of of sewage disposal. The current run off is bad enough. Luckily our lovely little Sosua is downstream and our beautiful beach will not be affected. Just do not want to see a bunch of you Puerto Platans hanging on our beach. Unless you come to spend money.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
One other. What they call treatment is usually aeration and grinding. Real treatment is very expensive. This is dressed up to look good but in end it will be a bad idea. For example. What happens when the luz goes off. Cannot treat so they just run it through. What happens during flood time (happens lots). run it through without treatment. Any time the system cannot keep up it goes through without treatment. There is no other option. What can they do, store it? Sound like another public works project to steal money that will soon fall into disrepair and quit. In the end it will poison the ocean off PP. In the future to get to the beach in PP you just follow your nose.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm glad you were able to explain it better. i wonder where is it going to be located.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
where i live people have pozos septicos. seeing how haphazardly the barrios are constructed one needs to wonder how does city sewage system actually works here.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Is this for actual sewage? Or rain water run off? If it is sewage as in human fecal matter etc...then soon the fish within fifty miles of POP will be poisoned and not fit for human consumption. It is against the law to try to sell fish caught within that distance of Panama City Panama for that same reason.
Der Fish

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Naco in the capital was built before i came here [40 years ago] now they are building there 40 story buildings. They say their are treatment plants if so tell me ware they are i have never seen one and have been all over Santo domingo. I know for a fact that the homes around NACO have posos. So when you take a **** 40 story's up in the air ware does it go. they say their will be no problem but it seems to me nature does not take that into it scope!

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
One other. What they call treatment is usually aeration and grinding. Real treatment is very expensive. This is dressed up to look good but in end it will be a bad idea. For example. What happens when the luz goes off. Cannot treat so they just run it through. What happens during flood time (happens lots). run it through without treatment. Any time the system cannot keep up it goes through without treatment. There is no other option. What can they do, store it? Sound like another public works project to steal money that will soon fall into disrepair and quit. In the end it will poison the ocean off PP. In the future to get to the beach in PP you just follow your nose.

Please explain what the problem is with extended aeration plants. Also, what other treatment options are you referencing to that are so expensive?.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Naco in the capital was built before i came here [40 years ago] now they are building there 40 story buildings. They say their are treatment plants if so tell me ware they are i have never seen one and have been all over Santo domingo. I know for a fact that the homes around NACO have posos. So when you take a **** 40 story's up in the air ware does it go. they say their will be no problem but it seems to me nature does not take that into it scope!

It goes below everything along with most of the other "necessary services". The wwtp is a "Membrane Bio Reactor" with a bagger system. Absolutely no smell and a very small footprint for processing upwards to 100K / day. Also, the effluent from the plant is used for irrigation.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
zoom, I don't think you have to worry about people in pop going to your " crappy beach " in so sewew.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Naco in the capital was built before i came here [40 years ago] now they are building there 40 story buildings. They say their are treatment plants if so tell me ware they are i have never seen one and have been all over Santo domingo. I know for a fact that the homes around NACO have posos

Do we need to explain to you the exact same things each and every time anything related to waste water is brought up?

You asked the same, for example, in the Hard Rock hotel thread and received ample explanations, even with detailed diagrams (like HERE ).

The fact that you don't like the answers do NOT mean that the answers are wrong, and that if you keep on asking the same questions eventually you will receive answers you like better. You will get the SAME answers, whether you like those answers or not.

Most areas in SD (including Naco) use some variation of a septic tank, whose effluent (right side of diagram) connects to a well ("filtrante") and hence mixes with the underground water system. Whether you, I or anybody else likes it, that is the way it is being done in most areas in SD.
Once the Puerto Plata project is ready then they will be using a different scheme.

If you have a few BILLION dollars lying around, consider financing a huge waste water system for SD. Millions will thank you.
septic_tank.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not having that discussion again.
will reopen when updates are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.