Ai! Ai! Ai! No mas pequenos Bohemia!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
All of my pals in the restaurant biz in Sosua are in bits bc Bohemia is not distributing small bottles, only grandes. Apparently, they think they will get the restauranteurs by the short & curlies to only sell the grandes. The restaurant people are not pleased and are in a scramble to find regular bottles wherever they can. Anybody with info, pls let me know. Gracias.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
After extensive experimentation, I have determined that I can polish off 2 grandes in the same amount of time as I can 5 pequenos with identical effect. The only noticeable difference is the amount of money that needs to be dragged out of my wallet and the temperature of the contents of these larger bottles after 20 minutes at ambient temperature.

I'm a recent convert to grandes as I believe in doing my part to save the environment from unnecessary glass pollution and my wallet from excess wear and tear. I bought a bag of silicon stoppers on Amazon that work great keeping the fizz in and the bugs out. One of these stoppers now resides in the storage on my moto and the rest at home.

I have tasked my engineering buddies with throwing together a solar powered grande bottle chiller and expect to be a gazillionaire within the year as I should be able to sell these to fine drinking establishments and individuals for $39.95 each and clearly won't be able to make them fast enough. Thanks Bohemia! You're the best!

I have always said that it would take an issue too big to ignore and of such importance to drag me out of retirement. This cerveza fria crisis clearly fits that bill.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Side note... I have done the math, and compared prices per ounce of the small, medium, and jumbo Presedente. Surprisingly, you do get more beer for your money with the jumbos.

This is not the case with Brugal. Of the .250L, 1L, and 1.750L bottles, the 1L gives you the most rum for your money. The Jug (1.750) will cost you more per mL.

Side/side note, the same is true with the Tri-Chloro. The larger 8/9lb bottle costs more per pound than the smaller 4lb.

At Playero anyways.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
So you are the other guy I often see standing there with their cellphone calculator...It's nice not to be the only one...

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
And, if you're doing it in the liquor isle it may be a sign you have a little problem!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
In Cabarete you can't get Grandes either. I have a nasty feeling the company is phasing Bohemia out so that we have to buy the more expensive Presidente. There is no competition to speak of, so they can easily get away with it.:mad: