Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you call them on it?

Just curious….
    Does anyone on the board ever call Dominicans out on their bull$#it?
    I didn't at all, when I arrived. Really trying not to make anyone lose face and all that.
    But the past few months I have been totally calling them on it when they have lied or are trying to spin some insane story.
    Usually I remind them that they told me something different before, or I will just say seriously "I don't think that's true" or "no puede ser" or "no te creo" or something like that.
    They usually react by feebly coming up with some other big lie and they rally surprisingly quickly.
    They are a nation of sinverguenzas so I'm pretty sure it has no lasting effect but it makes me feel better.
    How do you guys handle it when the Dominicans in your world lie to your face?
    And yes, I know that everyone tells the truth in Santiago all the time already, no need to remind me.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't hang around chopos, easier that way. The rest, just like any day at work.

3. Likes SKing liked this post
    Dislikes Eleutheria, HUG disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    I just don't hang around chopos, easier that way. The rest, just like any day at work.
    I don't hang around chopos either. They revolt me. I am talking about regular, every day interactions with Dominicans. It's been my experience that the lying cuts across social classes.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Post an instance?

6. Dislikes HUG disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are ways to let people know you don't believe them without embarrassing them in front of others. Nobody likes to be called out in public and with the Dominican love of revenge it probably isn't wise. My wife tells people they must be mistaken or mis-heard something. My mother-in-law nods her head and then tells me after the person leaves that they were lying. I tell people all the time that something isn't believable or is a lie, but then again I'm mainly dealing with kids, and kids love to lie but usually aren't very good at it.

8. Likes Eleutheria, SKing, bronzeallspice liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
    Just curious….
    Does anyone on the board ever call Dominicans out on their bull$#it?
    I didn't at all, when I arrived. Really trying not to make anyone lose face and all that.
    But the past few months I have been totally calling them on it when they have lied or are trying to spin some insane story.
    Usually I remind them that they told me something different before, or I will just say seriously "I don't think that's true" or "no puede ser" or "no te creo" or something like that.
    They usually react by feebly coming up with some other big lie and they rally surprisingly quickly.
    They are a nation of sinverguenzas so I'm pretty sure it has no lasting effect but it makes me feel better.
    How do you guys handle it when the Dominicans in your world lie to your face?
    And yes, I know that everyone tells the truth in Santiago all the time already, no need to remind me.
    Oh yea oh yea, in Santiago all the people are built.like Pinochios so honesty is the rule of law or a tremendous nose cancer overtakes them and they die young. Hahaha.

Actually what you said is what I do but I tend to use "mierda" interspersed between my words.

I do it intentionally so they lose face because they think I am stupid enough to WANT to listen to weak lies.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Post an instance?
    Are you serious?

I could post A THOUSAND instances….

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Process of elimination and selective targeting. I renege to deal with liars, he one that have tried are not longer allowed to and out of my circle.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
    Are you serious?

I could post A THOUSAND instances….
    I could not post a thousand, see above why.

13. Dislikes Eleutheria disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I could not post a thousand, see above why.
    I would like to clarify something. I am considered a "very direct" person by my own culture's standards. I have my flaws, but I have a meticulous adherence to the truth. That is how I was raised. I despise liars, and I am not a liar. If I choose to do something, I should be comfortable enough to not have to lie about it. I don't want to bother remembering what tales I have spun to which person and I think honesty is always the best policy.
    I would never allow a liar to be in my circle, and in my life. I am talking about, for instance, my security camera guy who I need to see over several occasions. Or a doctor. Or the lawyer who drew up my rental contract. Not chopos. Not friends. But people who I can't avoid dealing with, people who I am in the middle of transactions with, sometimes people that I can't replace because I don't know anyone else who can do whatever it is needs to be done.
    Do these people lie to my face? Yes, constantly.
    I feel like you are implying that I am making bad choices about who I spend my time with and that is simply not the case.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast