Express busses from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

topdeckgames

Oct 26, 2011
After a horrible transfer by one of our guests from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas, I am posting the schedule here, because it has never been easier to get here. There are five express busses daily, leaving at 8:30, 9:30, 11:00, 1:40, and 3:00 from behind Plaza Lama. They will deliver you to Las Terrenas in air conditioned, free wi-fied comfort for 300 or 400 pesos. They even have movies on board.

Our guests last night took a Caribe Tours bus that arrived in Sanchez after dark, when there were no gua guas, got hustled onto motoconchos without a price agreement, and arrived with a hundred dollar demand from the motoconcho drivers.

Moral, don't miss the last bus at 3:00 PM.

topdeckgames

Oct 26, 2011
They can stop there, if you are on the bus they will stop anywhere on request. I'm not sure if they take the toll road inbound, or if they go via Sanchez, but I will find out.

May 29, 2006
When I took the express to LT, it was one of the Chinese buses. The seats are not spaced for anyone over 5'6" and I'm 5'11". Luckily they had a middle seat at the back of the bus where I could stretch my legs. Also note, no WC on the buses!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
They can stop there, if you are on the bus they will stop anywhere on request. I'm not sure if they take the toll road inbound, or if they go via Sanchez, but I will find out.

The smaller buses take the Sanchez road and the larger ones the toll road.

The last bus from Santo Domingo used to be a small bus and goes via Sanchez. Equally the 9am departure and last departure from Las Terrenas used to be the small bus and again went via Sanchez. The Sanchez road is not suitable for the big buses used.

For those that do take a Caribe Tours bus from their depot at the beginning of the Samana highway, be aware their stop in Sanchez is on entry to the town before the fork turn to the town centre. This is about 1km before the road to Las Terrenas where guaguas are always waiting for customers and charge 50/80rd to LT. I am sure if you ask the Caribe Tours driver will stop at the turn to LT.