screen door

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
need some help on locating someone who builds screen doors.I have spent best part of day in SD but no livk.Villa Consuelo,and all the door and window people on Duarte
no luck
jaguarbob

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I'll pm you with 'my' guys name and number. He does Windows , doors, shutters. Reliable and not expensive.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
It seems like having screens to keep one from being attacked by mosquitos is a bit of an anomaly here.

You are so right! I'm living with locals and they seemed perfectly content to allow the mosquitos to swarm and feed on us. I kept asking:

1) What can we do about the mosquitos?
2) What do the locals do for this?
3) And my favorite: Are you people all insane?

All questions were met with dead air.

I went to the hardware store and used pvc and rubber cement to build screens. They love them, but I'm still baffled by their apathy in the face of misery.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
how much are you paying i am out of luck and my ex g f is knocking... i will build for you...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To replace screen material that has aged and torn over time, I use readily available nylon rope (blue in color) from the local hardware store along with a screen spline roller I picked up in the US. Don't even have to take the screen off the window to do the job. Takes about 5 minutes for a normal window.

I never see screen doors on the north coast.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
It also seems like the mosquitos are attracted to foreign blood; I am not kidding. Sometimes I will have dozens of bits all over me and the Dominicans just 1-2.

I find a steady diet with onions, garlic, and tumeric is good for digestion and warding off mosquitoes.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I find a steady diet with onions, garlic, and tumeric is good for digestion and warding off mosquitoes.

... and friends, family and the opposite sex!

"Been here awhile",

What is it that you "dislike" about the two posts above.

Tell us please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evidently, "You have not been here long enough" to know how to make friends.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
OchoA sells aluminum strips which have the channel for the screen spline. I make my own screens which are permanently attached , very easy to do. Just clean then with the hose.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
OchoA sells aluminum strips which have the channel for the screen spline. I make my own screens which are permanently attached , very easy to do. Just clean then with the hose.

That would make it hard to enter or leave the house.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Anyone know of a reliable screen guy in Bavaro? I need some repairs done and my usual contact hasn't been answering and we are getting eaten alive!

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk