Looking for a big dog

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Some of you may remember that our male rottie was poisoned and killed a couple of months ago, leaving his mate alone. We adopted a older pup, a viralata.

Last week, three cows came onto our property through a section of fence that had been cut to remove a tree [and naturally, no one bothered to put the fence back up immediately], and the female rottie went after the cows. One of them kicked her badly. Sadly, today she died from her injuries.

So, long story short, we're looking for at least one full grown dog, as only the big pup is left. If anyone knows of a good, large watchdog that may be looking for a home, please send me a PM.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Awww... so sorry for your loss.....:(

Thanks malko, we're both very sad. It will not be the same without the two rotties there to greet us when we get back. At least we have their daughter safe and sound here with us in the US. We'll be giving her an extra treat tonight.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That is sad, was it the rottie that had the pups last year before you left, Diana?

Opps I was typing when you answered

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Wow, you lost one to the Poisoning incident and now this tragedy..
Very sorry to hear this about your Dog..
Maybe get like a Herding Dog, ? one that knows instinctively to herd the cattle and is not intimidated by them . I am guessing the Rottie viewed them more like Intruders and did not know his way around them.
I had a Dobie who use to LOVE to chase down Deer, he cornered full grown Bucks a couple times, but he knew exactly when to back down .