Hair in Sosua

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Does anybody have recommendations for a preferably English-speaking hairdresser in Sosua? I have my own color (Goldwell) with my formula, but I need someone especially who can really cut. Over the years, I have gone to Suzanne at Las Canas, and while I find her to be a very good colorist, she is not a very good cutter. I've heard good things about Antoinette at Infinity Blu, and she sounds a tad pricey, which is fine, as long as she's worth it.

I have been to Clary, a Dominican hairdresser who is on the second level of the bow-tie plaza with Cafe Valentino on the left & Banco Popular on the right, for a wash & blow, but have been hesitant to offer up the ginger locks for a cut.

My life is sort of in tatters, and the last thing I need right now is a bad haircut.

I have very, very thick hair with a bit of a bend to it, and I just recently cut it short.

Suggestions greatly appreciated! Must be Sosua-centric.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Please try Anna in Cabarette,- across from Dicks panadoria. She is Croatian i believe but speaks English very well. Not a great colourist that I know but can really cut hair, 809-868-6647

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I recommend Anna as well. I got a great haircut from her. And Serbian's are very interesting people.

Please try Anna in Cabarette,- across from Dicks panadoria. She is Croatian i believe but speaks English very well. Not a great colourist that I know but can really cut hair, 809-868-6647

Last edited:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Ahh.. just do it yourself, Meems..

After I picked myself up from the floor, where I had crumpled in a horrified heap, at the very idea of cutting my own hair, I looked at the fot and laughed until I cried. Thank you for that.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
After I picked myself up from the floor, where I had crumpled in a horrified heap, at the very idea of cutting my own hair, I looked at the fot and laughed until I cried. Thank you for that.

hey, if you had gotten hit in the head as often as he has, your hair would look like that, too.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Ahh.. just do it yourself, Meems..

I do mine, and it comes out just fine. Nobody can tell it's not a professional job.

ap-jaguars-camp.jpg

hahahahahahaha

Might be he was used as a guinea pig by his young son or daughter or even a bet.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
She does, indeed, make appointments. I have one tomorrow at 2.30. If the entire island hears screams of pain, you will know how it went.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
She does, indeed, make appointments. I have one tomorrow at 2.30. If the entire island hears screams of agony & pain, you will know how it went. Wish me luck. I have gorgeous hair, and it deserves the best.

One can be dressed in the nicest clothes, with the best shoes, the prettiest manicure, the best jewels, but if the hair ain't right, ain't nuthin' right.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I might try Anna again now that she makes appointments. Please tell us how you like the cut.