accident of caribe tour bus in SFM

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2015/10/19/accidente-autopista-duarte-deja-varios-heridos

not much info yet, various injured, no deaths reported so far.

333h5j4.jpg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I?ve noticed the last 6 months or so the drivers are not driving like absolute mad men. Maybe I?ve just been lucky. Unfortunate to see another accident and people getting hurt.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Looks like they went into one of them DEEP Storm drain ditches from that picture. fell over on its side.. people next to the window side could have taken a pretty hard hit but looks very surviveable.
Hopefully no one died..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm not a huge fan of caribe. i could live with the fact that once we smacked into a truck in front of us but ever since i shared my seat with a large roach i lost enthusiasm for their services.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
i'm not a huge fan of caribe. i could live with the fact that once we smacked into a truck in front of us but ever since i shared my seat with a large roach i lost enthusiasm for their services.
That was the Cleaning Crew, eating the Crumbs off the seats.. you must have startled him.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I?ve noticed the last 6 months or so the drivers are not driving like absolute mad men. Maybe I?ve just been lucky. Unfortunate to see another accident and people getting hurt.

I cannot comment on the whole country, but what I have seen between Navarrete and POP, and I have been driving that stretch for a few years now (not regularly though), is that CT drivers are more reckless than ever. They respect nobody. I have seen cars having to stop one after another so that one CT bus can take over other vehicles.

I have used them once, in 2009, the bus was an old piece of **** with diesel fumes inside the bus and engine running so that discussion was impossible, never since then.

I just hope this piece of news does not turn into anything worse...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Isn't what they say that the difference between Caribe Tours and Metro Tours is like flying with American vs. flying with Delta?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
In the past Metro had seat belts on their bus. That alone is a big plus for me. Luckily I have not had to ride any of them in a long time. Both companies fly down the mountains into PP which scares me to death. My favorite is Transporte Cibao. Slow and steady and you do get used to the chickens after a time.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

Glad to see you have awaken from your 6 month coma. Now reality will return. The D.R. drivers are still insane and still do all the same ignorant selfish maneuvers when driving.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
I'm not sure the name of the bus line at that time but when I first visited RD many of the highway coaches were right hand drive.
You want an adventure? Same Dominican attitude of trying to pass everything in sight with the need to have the entire bus in the "wrong" lane before the driver can see if it is safe to pass or not.
ggparts