new bakery in costambar

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dear inebriated residents of our charming protect, we have a new business. it is located on the main street, next door to pedro's, opposite local supermarket. it has opened very recently and still not in full swing. they offer take away options as well as eat in. we tried some of the products and chatted with the owner, french canadian lady.

the croissants are ok. i'm on a lookout for really flaky, buttery and sweet french pastry (kinda like marks and spencer offers). the ones we bought were heavier and more substantial, good for morning sammich with cheese and ham. profiteroles were good. mille-feuille has very nice dough although personally i would prefer it with custard filling (or whipped cream, like we serve it back home). it did not stop me from devouring the whole thing.

they are soon to offer breads and other savoury stuff. altogether i am happy to see this new business and i hope they will flourish. we were treated very well few times we visited, including some free samples, for which i am very grateful.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
dv8, if you keep writing those mouth watering descriptions, they will do just fine. I could use a profiterole right about now.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is a bar in there called la otra. been there few times. their specialty is chivo which is very good. but the music is too loud for my liking. they have discos on weekends.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
I had one of her mango Turnovers on the weekend it was really good, am hoping her breads with be good also once she starts.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I had one of her mango Turnovers on the weekend it was really good, am hoping her breads with be good also once she starts.

Mango turnover, oh that sounds good. We get so many mangoes that we don't know what to do with them, I'm going to look for a recipe, thanks for putting that thought in my head!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i forgot to add that they serve breakfasts and lunches such as sammiches, soups, wraps and so on.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Mango turnover, oh that sounds good. We get so many mangoes that we don't know what to do with them, I'm going to look for a recipe, thanks for putting that thought in my head!!

dredge up yourself a good flaky turnover pastry dough, and i will send you a filling recipe that will knock your socks off.

if you wear socks, that is.