Beer myths at the Centro Leon

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Those in Santiago or Puerto Plata should not miss the talk on the myths of Presidente Beer. It will be at Centro Leon in Santiago at 7pm. Felipe Felipe and Jose Ramon Cassa will be the speakers. Free admission. It is part of the 80 anniversary celebrations of Presidente Beer. If in Santiago you can also visit the exhibition on Presidente Beer at the Centro Leon. Should be interesting, especially with the Santiago audience.

Beer myths.jpg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In 1929, U.S. industrialist Charles H. Wanzer with other business partners founded the brewery and started brewing the iconic Dominican beer, Presidente, in 1935. The beer was named in honor of then Dominican president Rafael Leonidas Trujillo. Presidente was initially launched as a dark beer and acquired limited success, yet in the 1960s Presidente was transformed into the pilsner that is recognized today.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
It would be well appreciated if they resurrected the dark version of Presidente. The original brewers can't be more than 115 years old.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
It would be well appreciated if they resurrected the dark version of Presidente. The original brewers can't be more than 115 years old.

When I was there last month I did see a Presidente Black (I think) in the supermarket. 6% alcohol. I didn't buy it. It was in a blacked out bottle or can so I couldn't see if it was a dark beer or if black just means that it's cooler and stronger.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
presidente black is p**s coloured, like a regular one. same "great" "taste" too.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
If there's a Presidente Black, why all the arguments about which is bolder, Bohemia or Presidente? Has anyone had it or been bold enough to ask if it's dark or simply "cooler"?